Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter to GW

Quijenoth Starkiller
Lee Hammock
We're probably going to making a more official announcement about this in the near future, but we are going to be continuing to spawn up a limited number of Nhur Athemon escalations for the rest of the monnth. Six more just started up an hour or so ago.

I hope the OP reads your reply Lee but I fear this may be another case of "after the horse has bolted" thing smile
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Drogon
Can we get a riddle on where to look for them?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Daeglin
Quijenoth Starkiller
I hope the OP reads your reply Lee but I fear this may be another case of "after the horse has bolted" thing smile

The OP describes logging on and discovering that someone else had taken shinies they thought of as theirs. Its understandable to be upset by that, I would be too. To quit the game because that "pvp" is just too much for them makes it unlikely that any open world pvp game is going to be a satisfying game for them. I'm torn between what is the better response: "Better to find out now" or "HTFU".
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Lisa Stevens
I just wanted to point out what Ryan put into the email that went out to our whole mailing list last Thursday:

"A Month of Adventure

The Wrath of Nhur Athemon will be active for 30 days once it begins. Once the event has been cleared from each Tower hex it will not respawn. We will monitor the progress of the event closely and if we believe it's necessary to introduce additional instances of the event so that everyone who wishes can earn an Azlanti Stone before the end of the event, we'll do so."

As you can see from that email, we have been planning on the possibility of adding more Nhur Athemon hexes as the month goes onward, so this isn't anything new.

-Lisa
Daeglin
i think the intent of that to ensure people actively playing get a chance for an Azlanti stone is admirable. If its just to satisfy the unending lust and entitlement for high loot drops, not so much. Cause there will always be those who whine that it wasn't fair or enough, and there will be others who extract way more then the developers intend from it.
Ryan Dancey
The one thing that kind of bugs me about this was the opinion people seem to have had that the Towers they controlled were "theirs". Maybe we should have done a better job of messaging that those were Nhur Athemon's Towers, not player-owned structures.

It wasn't "raping" (hate the use of that word in this context, btw) for groups to take down as many of the escalations as possible. That's exactly what I thought would happen. Any time a valuable resource is available, people will maximize the rate they extract it. The fact that ANY of the escalations were still running on Monday morning (and they were, I went and looked myself) surprised me, tbh.

We'll fire up more of the periodically and we'll make sure there's a few running as each weekend day starts throughout the month. Everyone who wants to do one should have a chance.
Midnight
People would have gotten territorial about events in their neighborhood, anyway.

People want stuff, but at their leisure, and it is way too easy to verbalize to others that they should back off because… mine mine all mine.

I do find it a drag that a low pop timezone (and the unemployed) are always going to have an advantage each new patch just because it strikes on a weekday morning. My mates are very kind in sharing what they've learned (though not their phat lewtz) when I finally get home but it isn't quite the same as discovering all the new stuff for yourself.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Ryan Dancey
The one thing that kind of bugs me about this was the opinion people seem to have had that the Towers they controlled were "theirs". Maybe we should have done a better job of messaging that those were Nhur Athemon's Towers, not player-owned structures.
Agreed. This annoyed me too, but pretty much everyone considered them theirs. It became and interesting political tool for people to defend the resources in their claimed territory.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Sounds like meaningful interactions to me, everything is our construct, the situation of ownership and interactions is whatever we the players say it is amongst ourselves. Sounds like working as intended to me! Everyone being out for the themselves is just boring smile
Daeglin
Ryan Dancey
The one thing that kind of bugs me about this was the opinion people seem to have had that the Towers they controlled were "theirs". Maybe we should have done a better job of messaging that those were Nhur Athemon's Towers, not player-owned structures…

A lot of the population is playing, to coin the term from another thread recently, a cooperative sandbox game. When your planning things out in the future, you need to keep that in mind and tune events so the greatest benefit comes from contesting over them, rather than greater benefits by cooperating over them - assuming you want more competition.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post