Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter to GW

Daeglin
Theeternalbalance
You are a Troll
We really love Pathfinder RPG. We really wanted to love PFO. But, as some said way back when there was strife during the first Land-Rush - the hard-core MMOers will come and make the game what they want of it, finding and exploiting every loophole, and the River Kingdoms will be theirs. We will mourn its loss (to us) as we go back to our dice and books and fun.

The game is already moving steadily toward what the harder-core MMOers & PVPers want, which means steadily away from what TTers are looking for/willing to adjust to. Having Golgatha race around the map taking any Nhur escalation they felt like, and polishing them off one after another in 30 minutes or so, with a hug bunch of ardent PVPers left just about everyone (except EBA I imagine) feeling helpless. A fun server wide event turned into the bully making what they wanted of the game, again. This may be Ryan's vision, but I don't think it is everyone else's in GW or even the majority of people on the server.

I'm a tabletop gamer and I don't agree with anything you said.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Tink says Stab
Also a tabletop player. My name is in a few RPG books. Also disagree; we are getting close to exactly the game we were told we would get. That is doubly true as of the last few months, since the random killing of people across the map has basically died down to nonexistent.

This isn't tabletop versus MMO. This is competitive versus non-competitive.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Drogon
I would offer to any of the smaller settlements out there that have low attendance to attempt to contact me in game. I would be happy to include you in one of our hunting parties so you can participate and get some phat lootz for yourselves.

For the record, Cheatle has requested of us(TEO)to stay away from any friendly, neutral or ally's hex that is 1 or 2 away from given settlement. This will be our ongoing policy until notified otherwise. Maybe EoX would also be willing to agree to this given that they can place whoever they want on thier "enemy" list? smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Rynnik
Tink says Stab
That is doubly true as of the last few months, since the random killing of people across the map has basically died down to nonexistent.
Mostly through social rather then mechanical pressures as well. It really is amazing given the open pvp sandbox rule set we run under how friendly this game has become with actual incidences of undesired ganking being as low as it is.

I have this mental picture of Dancey being super smug about the whole thing actually. smile

Drogon
For the record, Cheatle has requested of us(TEO)to stay away from any friendly, neutral or ally's hex that is 1 or 2 away from given settlement. This will be our ongoing policy until notified otherwise. Maybe EoX would also be willing to agree to this
We have done significantly better then this since the first moment of the patch actually.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
Having Golgatha race around the map taking any Nhur escalation they felt like, and polishing them off one after another in 30 minutes or so, with a hug bunch of ardent PVPers left just about everyone (except EBA I imagine) feeling helpless. A fun server wide event turned into the bully making what they wanted of the game, again.

That's pretty bizarre, because EBA was doing the same thing, taking towers far out from their home territory. I'm not saying that's bad, in general I think many felt (and were validated in this belief by Ryan Dancey) that competition was expected with the event.

So, why the bias towards EoX being a bully when EBA was doing the exact same thing?

The problem here isn't bullies vs. table top players.

It's a problem of active/competitive/organized groups vs. casual/loosely-organized/low-population groups.
Fanndis Goldbraid
Theeternalbalance
The game is already moving steadily toward what the harder-core MMOers & PVPers want, which means steadily away from what TTers are looking for/willing to adjust to. Having Golgatha race around the map taking any Nhur escalation they felt like, and polishing them off one after another in 30 minutes or so, with a hug bunch of ardent PVPers left just about everyone (except EBA I imagine) feeling helpless. A fun server wide event turned into the bully making what they wanted of the game, again. This may be Ryan's vision, but I don't think it is everyone else's in GW or even the majority of people on the server.

I can see this as being true for many players in the current game, and can’t at all see why Ryan and Company might not understand the "ownership" issue from the players’ perspective. The towers were originally "sold" as an excuse for players to PvP, and started with 6 towers around each settlement (and those six were most certainly expected to be help by the surrounded settlement.

Regardless, I do think a lot of the smaller settlements will not comment on these forums and will simply leave. Why beat your head against the wall and feel like no one is listening? Forgeholm did pretty well and we are all in, but the smallest probably got screwed as usual and will pitch in their chips and walk away without a word, moving on to the next thing that looks fun. There is little balance in PFO so far, and denying that won’t help make the game better.
Doc
Forgeholm did pretty well and we are all in, but the smallest probably got screwed as usual and will pitch in their chips and walk away without a word, moving on to the next thing that looks fun.

Like whom?

Emerald Lodge? - We protected their towers for them.

The North? - They asked us to leave and we immediately complied and left them their towers.

EoX basically took a bunch of extra towers around already empty settlements, and was competing with EBA over those.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Doc
Either way the pendulum swings you're going to lose a segment of the existing playerbase, and *potentially* gain more of the other from outside people not having joined yet. So, we might as well just pick one and run with it.
One problem with that is that with the competition our there, moving closer to something else is not as likely to be a stand-out success as is successfully integrating two groups that are apparently at odds. If they can truly makes something where you and I can both enjoy ourselves, it will be gold. If they choose to make it good for one or the other of us, it will be one more of those games that are good for one or the other of us.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Doc
If they can truly makes something where you and I can both enjoy ourselves, it will be gold

I agree, it's just so tough man. You and I may be examples of outliers in that we both have been willing to adjust and conform our play to match the realities of the PFO game environment, and others' expectations for the community.
Jakaal
I think I would be willing to deal with the issues with play styles if it wasn't such a chore trying to deal with social or supply aspects of the game. I still have to log into a 3rd party application to have any idea who in my company or settlement is on. I still have to have someone else help me get items between my characters. Yes there are company and settlement banks, but if your leaders have blocked off withdraw access that isn't useful and might as well not exist.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post