Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter to GW

Just Dak
I am new in this new neighborhood, but could it be that it is those exact differences that makes the perceived breaking of them news worthy?

I haven't seen Golgothans claiming to be angelic, when they hold off it is because there is an agreement in place. The EBA proclaim good intent as a baseline. So if it seems like that base line, from a good group, is crossed it is news. If EoX takes things from people we are unfriendly with it is just business as usual (./sigh EoX)

Flipping things back around on us is silly. EoX is already the bad guys, it's news with the EBA because you guys are supposed to be better than us by all accounts (even ones EBA promotes)

So yeah, I am sure people will be glad you are taking steps to correct perceived grievances. I just don't buy the surprise factor.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Midnight
Cheatle for TEO
EBA didn't push the boundaries of what they could take, because it was never our intention. I want to point this out, because a lot of people lump EBA and EoX into the same category as large power bloc, but we have a fundamental different outlook, one shared (I think) by quite a few settlements: The towers that each individual settlement had prior to the event was theirs, in their territory, and held under their rules.

EBA took a tower from Forgeholm, by accident, and several from EL in the back and forth fighting with Golgotha.
EoX took all of Aragon's, some from AL, at least one from forgeholm, and HRC, and some in the battle around the spire.

The difference here, is the intention, our (EBA) intention was to mostly stay in our territory (or where no one has territory) and take the escalations. EoX intention (publicly) is that no one owned them and they were going to take what they could.

We are trying to pay back forgeholm for our perceived mistake, is EoX doing the same for HRC, Forgeholm, Aragon, or AL?

Although, to be fair, we have both pledged to help EL in some way, since we basically used their land as a giant battlefield.

There are similarities, because of size, but there are fundamental differences in the way we look at things and approach them as well.
bwahahahaha

The propaganda never stops, does it?

This doesn't even remotely match what I saw or heard from our members. I'm not going to address every misrepresentation, but there are even PFU folk who can confirm we were passing up invitations to towers as late as Monday night in our attempt to allow everyone to get in on the action, and with an understanding that neutral settlements were likely to feel territorial about "their" towers, regardless of whether they have any right to.

Circumstances get tricky when you want to deny your traditional opponents access to an overly large share (oh who am I kidding, I'd keep ALL of it from my opponents if I could), but EoX showed way more restraint than your post would have people think.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
In preamble, the leadership of the HRC lead us by example. They discouraged anyone from clearing infestations from any towers that were not under our control before the Lich appeared (Even when it left a prime citizen trapped for several days in a foreign tower where he'd logged out earlier), while cautioning us that the towers did not belong to us, so if we expected to benefit from the escalation, we should do so quickly, and be prepared to lose anything we couldn't hold. When Xeilias cleared a tower that we'd been hoping to preserve for players that weren't around for the start of things, it was disappointing, but a few (mostly, as far as I can tell) polite words resulted in them leaving the rest of the event to us.

That one side of the debate is looking at things a little more like we did, while the other side is looking at it a little more as the devs did, does not make either side right (or even "more" right). I speak only for myself and my company, not my settlement or alliance, but I don't think anyone else has a right to use asking our neighbors if they plan to compensate us for something as a way of scoring points in their debate.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Brighthaven Leader
@Phyllain, your people cleared towers everywhere I mentioned, maybe not the entire hex, but you did. It does not matter if you say I am lying, what matters is those that caught you in the act. I accept that you guys are going to say and do what ever you have to do, propaganda wise or not in front of the community. I want to be open about my groups intentions and actions.

@Charlie, I was just posting that to highlight differences, some want to say were basically the same, because were both big groups.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Brighthaven Leader
@Caldeathe

I wasn't trying to score points, like I said, I was trying to highlight differences.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Just Dak
Cheatle for TEO
@Phyllain, your people cleared towers everywhere I mentioned, maybe not the entire hex, but you did. It does not matter if you say I am lying, what matters is those that caught you in the act. I accept that you guys are going to say and do what ever you have to do, propaganda wise or not in front of the community. I want to be open about my groups intentions and actions.

@Charlie, I was just posting that to highlight differences, some want to say were basically the same, because were both big groups.

Right, you are trying to highlight differences after the supposed infraction. I am saying it is news (and the clarification essentially useless) because of the server expectations between our groups.

Your clarifications don't read like it is pure and upfront. It reads like shifting the blame or subject. Maybe you are trying to be honest, but as has been told to me many times in the past forgive those of us that do not buy it.

It is just too close to the propaganda wrapped up in our EverWar. If you wanted to be honest you could have merely said our bad and make note that you were attempting to make it right.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Brighthaven Leader
@Charlie, fair enough.

I just like to expound, like everyone in the server will tell you.
Tink says Stab
Why do you think you were the first person I asked to co-host The Town Crier smile
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Brighthaven Leader
Because of my beard and hat? I am shocked! Shocked at learning this after the fact! lol
Cambion
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Jakaal
I think I would be willing to deal with the issues with play styles if it wasn't such a chore trying to deal with social or supply aspects of the game. I still have to log into a 3rd party application to have any idea who in my company or settlement is on. I still have to have someone else help me get items between my characters. Yes there are company and settlement banks, but if your leaders have blocked off withdraw access that isn't useful and might as well not exist.
I'm surprised that someone who's been around as long as you doesn't have access to a settlement vault. I don't think anyone in Talonguard is denied access to ours, only the secure vault. Is there a particular reason your team is restricting both? Do you not even have access to a company vault?

Jakaal , maybe consider joining a decent settlement…..

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post