Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter to GW

Cambion
This is all so exciting …..

First of all Great Event and well done Goblin Works ….

What I have gained from the Awesome thread and most worrying of all is a lead Developers disbelief that anyone would feel some form of ownership for the towers , after having being forced to play tick tock clock for weeks on end , to maintain training within their settlements.

I feel A little attachment to the area we play in , some people maybe don't equate time and effort to anything, other than a broken vision. Another plan foiled.

The Event rolls on lots more escalations lots more fun for the rest of the month.

(Sits dusting a set of Tomes tinged with a yellow border wondering what they are or mean and a large pile of silver. I am cold and need to start a fire , no kindling the Tomes will have to whats more important than a warm fire..)
Quijenoth Starkiller
Cheatle for TEO
Because of my beard and hat? I am shocked! Shocked at learning this after the fact! lol

Your not the only one with a hat smile
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Fanndis Goldbraid
Cambion
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Jakaal
I think I would be willing to deal with the issues with play styles if it wasn't such a chore trying to deal with social or supply aspects of the game. I still have to log into a 3rd party application to have any idea who in my company or settlement is on. I still have to have someone else help me get items between my characters. Yes there are company and settlement banks, but if your leaders have blocked off withdraw access that isn't useful and might as well not exist.
I'm surprised that someone who's been around as long as you doesn't have access to a settlement vault. I don't think anyone in Talonguard is denied access to ours, only the secure vault. Is there a particular reason your team is restricting both? Do you not even have access to a company vault?

Jakaal , maybe consider joining a decent settlement…..

Jakaal is in a decent settlement, but thanks for your concern, Cambion.
Decius
CharlieG
I am new in this new neighborhood, but could it be that it is those exact differences that makes the perceived breaking of them news worthy?

I haven't seen Golgothans claiming to be angelic, when they hold off it is because there is an agreement in place. The EBA proclaim good intent as a baseline. So if it seems like that base line, from a good group, is crossed it is news. If EoX takes things from people we are unfriendly with it is just business as usual (./sigh EoX)

Flipping things back around on us is silly. EoX is already the bad guys, it's news with the EBA because you guys are supposed to be better than us by all accounts (even ones EBA promotes)

So yeah, I am sure people will be glad you are taking steps to correct perceived grievances. I just don't buy the surprise factor.
First, you aren't 'new' by any means. 'Not up to date' is probably true. Second, you are flatly contradicting other EoX statements that y'all unilaterally held off (e.g. with regard to towers that were formerly held by EL) by saying that you had agreements to hold off. But whatever; enough people saw ROS and HVN forces joining with theirs to chase Golgotha off of events that they wanted and were geographically closer to them.
Just Dak
That still doesn't address the perception issue I raised. We are expected to be evil, in some cases more than the active members feel is justified (but that is neither here no there). However EBA promotes to be better than that, it is the backbone of their character by their own admission. For that reason it is news worthy, and similarly it is silly to use the call out as a way to deflect back to EoX. It isn't surprising for the empire, we already have a less admirable reputation.

A perceived breach by EBA however is newsworthy. Simply stated, and being shocked by it is silly.

Silly goose.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Decius
CharlieG
That still doesn't address the perception issue I raised. We are expected to be evil, in some cases more than the active members feel is justified (but that is neither here no there). However EBA promotes to be better than that, it is the backbone of their character by their own admission. For that reason it is news worthy, and similarly it is silly to use the call out as a way to deflect back to EoX. It isn't surprising for the empire, we already have a less admirable reputation.

A perceived breach by EBA however is newsworthy. Simply stated, and being shocked by it is silly.

Silly goose.
I'm fully aware of that. I'm still unwilling to let my virtuous intentions be used as weapons against me.
Rynnik
CharlieG

Silly goose.
You haven't been around though Charlie like you say - no one actually tracking the groups in this game is shocked by the EBA doing dodgy shit and EoX constantly has to take a stand for 'good' in the sense that many folks don't have much pvp sandbox experience and don't understand implications of what they may be asking for.

Welcome to up-side-down-world but pretty much EoX as the evil group champions moral and ethical gameplay and the scummy malicious deeds are in the camp of the self declared 'positive gameplayers'.

Makes for good popcorn.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Just Dak
Rolls eyes dramatically.

If I distrust anyone, it is the person that constantly claims virtuous intentions. If you are an angel we will know by your wings.

I am not concerned about an argument about who is champion of goodness. I am only pointing out a single element: That being surprised when EBA is perceived to act out of character is silly.

Mission Accomplished.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Edam
If you are bringing alignment into it.

1) EOX promotes as lawful vs EBA who are not - so if agreements (actual or implied) had been broken it is EOX acting out of character.
2) EBA is mainly Good (major exception TSV who are TN) vs EOX who are clearly not - so if moral obligations are broken it is EBA are acting out of character.

HOWEVER alignment is a fluffy roleplay thing with a bit of an opportunity to use it as an excuse to do certian things or bash your enemies at the moment it has no mechanical function in game and may never.
Decius
CharlieG
Rolls eyes dramatically.

If I distrust anyone, it is the person that constantly claims virtuous intentions. If you are an angel we will know by your wings.

I am not concerned about an argument about who is champion of goodness. I am only pointing out a single element: That being surprised when EBA is perceived to act out of character is silly.

Mission Accomplished.
If your expectations cause you to be surprised by the world, it is the height of insane hubris to blame the world rather than adjust your expectations.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post