Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter to GW

Just Dak
Decius
In this context, "The world" is the thing that your observations are of.

I am getting bored of the conversation, but I don't really understand what you are getting at with that statement.

Are you saying that my observations are "of the world" and your is somehow supernatural or above worldly observations?
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Edam
This is all getting very off topic.

In RETROSPECT (which is easy for us) it would have been far better if GW had spread out the tower conversion over several days. This would have had two effects. Firstly giving people unable to log on day one a chance at more escalations. Secondly giving the owning settlement a very slight edge tracking escalations down as they would be able to spot which of "their" towers no longer showed up in the holding window.

But everything is easy in retrospect.
Just Dak
Edam
This is all getting very off topic.

In RETROSPECT (which is easy for us) it would have been far better if GW had spread out the tower conversion over several days. This would have had two effects. Firstly giving people unable to log on day one a chance at more escalations. Secondly giving the owning settlement a very slight edge as they would be able to spot which of "their" towers no longer showed up in the holding window.

But everything is easy in retrospect.

+1
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Brighthaven Leader
Well, that is basically what they are doing now, with these 6 districts and dropping 4 escalations in each district per week.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Secondly giving the owning settlement a very slight edge tracking escalations down as they would be able to spot which of "their" towers no longer showed up in the holding window.
Further enhancing the notion that the escalations belong to someone, which is not true, and the resulting ill feelings when they are taken. The Towers never belonged to any settlements. We occupied them by force for as long as we could.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Secondly giving the owning settlement a very slight edge tracking escalations down as they would be able to spot which of "their" towers no longer showed up in the holding window.
Further enhancing the notion that the escalations belong to someone, which is not true, and the resulting ill feelings when they are taken. The Towers never belonged to any settlements. We occupied them by force for as long as we could.

Rather than ownership I would have seen that as a slight compensation for defending and holding it - that you get slightly advanced notice its now gone.

By the way I think the real issue was not actually ownership per se, it was simply that some people assumed, with no real justification, that the tower aggression arrangements (taking a tower constituted an aggressive act that could and often did lead to PvP) somehow rolled over into the post tower world.

Note that Ryan did state very clearly that the towers were no longer in possession of the original settlements in his announcement.
Quijenoth Starkiller
EoX is evil
I would Honestly take this a step further. From what I have seen in game:

EoX = mean hearted players seeking to *Win* at any cost

EBA = good hearted players seeking to help the Game at any cost

Perhaps you should open your eyes…

EBA exploited Ustalav mobs to farm T2 recipes until it was discovered by EoX. Bob later said they would be fixed and kinda ok'd the exploit.

EBA took towers during Wrath of Nhur Athemon from EL a Neutral settlement sat between EBA and EoX while they where at PaizoCon UK, plus another tower belonging to another settlement according to an EBA member.

EBA threatened a LN settlement then Feuded and tried to take that settlements towers without even considering diplomatic negotiations just to win WoT.

EoX first to provide testing of the feud mechanic and immediately reported an issue with influence loss.

EoX has presented more server firsts than anyone else. First Elemental Boss Kill (analysis of fight exploits posted by Rage), First Boss Duergar kill, First holding built and placed (which highlighted the issue with ghost escalations) and many others.

So continue to hate them all you like - but in this case keep your deluded opinions to yourself.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Elsworth Sugarfoot
EoX is evil
EoX = evil

EBA = good

I would Honestly take this a step further. From what I have seen in game:

EoX = mean hearted players seeking to *Win* at any cost

EBA = good hearted players seeking to help the Game at any cost
Personal attacks from a troll forum identity. That's the kind of positive gameplay I've come to expect from you all.

Cheatle has you drinking the Kool-aid.

Playing the game to win is the best thing we can do for the developers at this point to prepare them for open enrollment. You can be damn sure that's what those players will be doing.
Brighthaven Leader
@Quijenoth

TEO fought Usties, the same Usties EVERYONE IN ALPHA fought, we reported multiple times that the casters could be underpowered, and it took them about 4 months to figure out the issues. You say we were exploiting? The Usties we fought weren't the only ones on the map, they had a home hex to that was heavily farmed by others, and Aragon at the time was fighting us over the Usties, in that hex, as well as several other groups.

I believe Charlie and I hashed out the pointing fingers, you can go read my other post, about whom took what.

There is no winning War of Towers, and the only LN settlements we attacked were in the EoX, our enemies. What negotiations are you referring too? There is only one EoX dictator and that is Phyllain, and the last set of negotiations for anything fell through. Unless you mean the leader of KB or Cal? Which is under the EoX rule, and under Phyllain leadership.

If you want to toss around firsts, I believe EBA beat Mordent Spire, Usties, and Ogg first. There is a ton of crafting firsts that were posted on the Paizo forums, and if you are talking about bugs…

EBA was first to show that multiple holdings in the test server were broken, was the first to show that the bulk goods we were getting were off by a factor of 10, that crafting facilities were down grading crafted goods when towers were taken, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

We can both sit here all day point out good and bad things about each others organizations, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

@Elsworth

Ehh, depends on your agenda and what you consider winning.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Doc
These kinds of back and forth things are going to continue indefinitely as long as random folks post threads like these denigrating one side or another for doing things the game mechanics allow, and Goblin Works seems to support and encourage.

It happens more to Golgotha than TEO/Phaeros, in my opinion, so I think they're now quite naturally defensive, and so consequently end up throwing it back in the face of EBA.

In retrospect, I think both sides are pretty decent people, they both just have a handful of players who stir up toxic crap like this because they're lacking discretion, maturity, or fortitude.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post