Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Level 20 support everywhere and crafting

Edam
Will level 20 support extend to crafting times? in particular will the crafting times lengthen and crit chances decrease if the settlement itself is lower level versus paying for a high level?

This is a critical question as non crafting settlement seem to be pretty much intending to "tick over" with low level training most weeks and every week or two up the training to a higher level to allow members to train high level feats then drop back again virtually halving support costs (some quick figures show that a settlement alternating weekly between 14 one week and 11 the next will almost halve support costs for example)

If settlement level still effects crafting times and crit chances this will be a huge disadvantage to craft settlements who will be forced to maintain high settlement levels week in week out.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Crafting time is determined by your skill level and the building's facility quality, the level of the training building will probably impact the facility rating so that factor may fluctuate if you increased and decreased your buildings (or should anyways). But as far as your skill is concerned once you have some level of crafting training you will always have that skill level (under the current support system of free up to 20).
Drogon
Please change the support level so it matches the training level paid for…. I was under the impression that the "free" level 20 support was only for EE10 and that when EE11 hits it would be changed back to what you pay for…if it is left "free" to level 20 , I think it will create even more meaningless game play…. Please see the thread in Crowdforging forums for more on this…. Sorry for hijacking your thread Edam but I really think this issue needs attention.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Duffy Swiftshadow
While more tolerable I still think tying support to training level has unfortunate snowball effects that really makes it tough to be the defender who has lost a few battles. It gives the attacker an even greater advantage than they already have.
Doc
While more tolerable I still think tying support to training level has unfortunate snowball effects that really makes it tough to be the defender who has lost a few battles. It gives the attacker an even greater advantage than they already have.

If there was some kind of strong "War exhaustion" mechanics that debuff influence regen or something to that effect, it might encourage down time after winning a war goal.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I like that a lot better Doc. Something that inhibits or completely removes your ability to wage a war once you lose one for some decent amount of time by effecting influence, DI, war points w/e that has nothing to do with your character's abilities. Impact the settlement/company entity's power and not the individual's ability to play other parts of the game.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
I like that a lot better Doc. Something that inhibits or completely removes your ability to wage a war once you lose one for some decent amount of time by effecting influence, DI, war points w/e that has nothing to do with your character's abilities. Impact the settlement/company entity's power and not the individual's ability to play other parts of the game.

I agree with this.

The main question I am asking is whether that extends to crafting. It is no benefit if you can still craft at 14 if your settlement craft buildings function at 8.
Doc
Maybe add some kind of quests that can be done to reduce the War Echaustion affect. The quest givers can be stationed at the keep. The can be quests described such as "Replenish Resources from the War!" and you go out and harvest a metric ton of materials and such and deliver them to the quest giver or something. When completed, the War Exhaustion mechanic is somewhat alleviated.

There could be a whole suite of quests centered around the concept but involving different aspects or things, so that people can "customize" their approach or needs after the war and emphasize certain areas first.

This gives agency and utility, as opposed to just putting a massive debuff on the settlement and people counting down days till it is gone, most likely just logging out. Keeping them engaged and actively working to improve their position and settlement is the route to go.
Drogon
I could get behind this idea
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caius
SO with this idea, I can craft tier 3 level 20 in any settlement (once they are trained and I have mats), even Thornkeep, right?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post