Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter – 24/7 availability, game balance and PvP

Doc
Different question.

Why did they make the reputation system less punishing?

THANK GOD. Geez, finally.

The whole point of my attempted use of the Socratic method was to get here. I guess I suck at Socratic.

Goblin Works purposefully made the Reputation system less punishing a few months ago, while Saiph is saying it should be and will be made tougher.

Those two concepts don't jive.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edit: I am reminded there is nothing quite as frustrating as people who blame others for their own failings.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
No idea why that reminded me of you.
At least now I understand. Sometimes I forget, for hours at a time, that people often fail to blame their inability to understand others on their own failings. And then take random moments to insult others.
Do you?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Jakaal
Doc
Different question.

Why did they make the reputation system less punishing?

THANK GOD. Geez, finally.

The whole point of my attempted use of the Socratic method was to get here. I guess I suck at Socratic.

Goblin Works purposefully made the Reputation system less punishing a few months ago, while Saiph is saying it should be and will be made tougher.

Those two concepts don't jive.

I hope you're wrong Doc b/c that was the stated goal. Yes it was rolled back to allow more PvP because that is what people were asking for. However if the finial state of the rep system is anything like what is currently in game, they have failed to avoid making a murder sim. Sure you can't wholesale kill whomever you want but you can occasionally kill anyone you like. Just wait until that rep dip recovers over a few hours and kill someone again.
Rynnik
Jakaal
Just wait until that rep dip recovers over a week and kill someone again.
FYP.
Jakaal
You're trying to tell me it takes a week for rep to recover from ONE kill?
Rynnik
Jakaal
You're trying to tell me it takes a week for rep to recover from ONE kill?
It was as far of a stretch as your own figure.

3-4k losses from 1 kill are not uncommon though.
Nihimon
Rynnik

That doesn't sound right. When I've killed someone High Rep, I've lost something like 700.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Nihimon
Rynnik

That doesn't sound right. When I've killed someone High Rep, I've lost something like 700.
I wish I had some screen shots - I'll try and get some when I can.

Edit: I asked. 2k seems to be a more comfortable figure. As high as I quoted have happened anecdotally. It is mostly then in cases where attacker flags are dropping multiple times during a chase scenario.
Jakaal
So making a messy kill and getting hit with multiple penalties doesn't make the system more harsh than it actually is.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post