Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Open letter – 24/7 availability, game balance and PvP

Thod-Theodum
@Baron Malthius
+1
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Gross
coach
this is THE most friendly MMO towards the casual player that i have EVER played

it is a casual player's dream to log on after a few days away and not be behind in maximum level potential attainment due to XP accrued over time not achievements

so i have to disagree with your below quote, although i do sympathize with a lot of your OP

Casual players feel they can’t keep up.

+1: As someone who sometimes has weeks when I cannot get on, I find its possible to pop into the trainers, spend the puddle of xp and bam - my player skill is lower / knowledge of optimal strategies less than those who have more keyboard hours but toon abilities can keep up - so still viable and get back up to speed fairly quickly by grinding for a while testing things out and getting over any gates, rather than some I have played where every absence = another permanent dent.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post