Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Please makes all battlefield participants red.

Ryan Dancey
Just wanted to let you know that we are discussing these issues.
Doc
Another Dancey sighting! Ryan just want to say it really (at least for me) helps make discussing things on the forum seem more like a part of the crowdforging process to know and see acknowledgement that the GW team is reading. Thank you
Midnight
Mistwalker
Maxen
As I recall, in Star Wars: The Old Republic, as soon as you aided a person with a PvP flag, you were also flagged for PvP. This was always a challenge for healers, for example, when doing a PUG Flash Point with a random PvPer. But shouldn't it work the same here? If you've chosen to throw in with a particular group and provide support to their cause, that player should be flagged for PvP too. If they are not a member of the feuded companies, their PvP flag could expire after a period of time of non-PvP activity. Again, in SWTOR, I could remove my PvP flag by spending 5 minutes in a cantina.

I like this approach, with one caveat: You only get the PvP flag if there is an opposition member in the range of the radar map / or if the PvP flagged player is engaged in combat with a PvP opponent.

I don't want to be flagged red because I healed or buffed a party member while doing an escalation - especially if I am unaware of the flag.

+1
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Just Dak
I would love it if there was simply a red/blue list leaders could maintain, but this is a decent enough compromise I guess.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Gluggo
Maxen
As I recall, in Star Wars: The Old Republic, as soon as you aided a person with a PvP flag, you were also flagged for PvP. This was always a challenge for healers, for example, when doing a PUG Flash Point with a random PvPer. But shouldn't it work the same here? If you've chosen to throw in with a particular group and provide support to their cause, that player should be flagged for PvP too. If they are not a member of the feuded companies, their PvP flag could expire after a period of time of non-PvP activity. Again, in SWTOR, I could remove my PvP flag by spending 5 minutes in a cantina.
+1

This is common in many MMO's. It also prevents "stealth buffing" in duels from friends.
Malykaii
Maxen

+1

Maybe as you turn red a caution pops up, and states "you are sticking your nose into a feud. Leave now or you will be considered part of the feud. " If you stay, you are now in the feud for X amount of time. The longer you stay on the field, the longer you stay a feud target.

Along those same lines … If I get turned red, I would like to see the other side turn red too, so i can alt tab them.

This could be a mechanism for individuals to join a feud without having to company hop as an engagement goes down. With the player density of the game so low I rarely get the chance to PvP without showing up white to the fight. I understand now how this would effect the other side and agree it needs fixed.

This might cause some gaming issues with influence costs. I'm not that familiar with how that works but maybe you could debit a certain amount of influence from my company for my actions and if my company doesn't like it they will ask me to refrain from that behavior.
Smitty
I feel people who join a feud, by healing or attacking other folks, need to pay some sort of individual price when they join in a feud like this.

Yet extra settlement players that show up, or even same settlement that joins a company feud outside of a holding fight should have a pretty big rep hit (4k-5k) they have to sacrifice for not creating a feud them selves.
Players who do this would basically be are using an individual flagging system to circumvent the cost of a feud and that needs to be balanced with actually going through the defined way to create feud.
Settlement companies fighting in a holding hex should be immune to this “cost” but there needs to be a cost to the players to flag themselves. Just my opinion.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Smitty
I feel people who join a feud, by healing or attacking other folks, need to pay some sort of individual price when they join in a feud like this.

Yet extra settlement players that show up, or even same settlement that joins a company feud outside of a holding fight should have a pretty big rep hit (4k-5k) they have to sacrifice for not creating a feud them selves.
Players who do this would basically be are using an individual flagging system to circumvent the cost of a feud and that needs to be balanced with actually going through the defined way to create feud.
Settlement companies fighting in a holding hex should be immune to this “cost” but there needs to be a cost to the players to flag themselves. Just my opinion.

I think feud costs coming from the same pool of influence that all other influence costing activities is unnecessarily limiting other companies from participating in PvP.

The act of voluntarily flagging, with notice to all in the hex, might be a thing to explore. Flagging would not be instant, it could take a minute, but the hex warning would go out as soon as the player triggers the flag.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Smitty
These people are showing up to fights anyway, I want them to be flagged. I don’t think flagging should be free to the individual player. If it is why would settlements ever declare war? They can just feud and whoever wants to show up can join. Why design more systems for war if anyone can join any feud anywhere without paying any sort of cost?
If folks want to increase influence, I guess that is a cost. ( but feuds adjusted to a flat rate? right)
I just think it should have to do with reputation. Like X Player never declares their own feuds. That player just comes along and joins in when they find something. That seems like a reputation thing to me as much as that players that likes to murder people when they see them , or that players is lawful good.
Not that it matters now .. but in the future if there is a three way conflict, where two sides are fighting and a third that doesn’t like either shows up? Which influence cost is increased between the two original sides? Are both? Does the third party just attack both and raise influence cost of the two original ones as a tactic?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post