Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

HP of whatnow?

Memory-High Priest of Desna
Just for fun, and to satisfy my own weirdly fixated curiosity, I thought i'd reach out to the public at large and see who my peers really are.

Now, everybody knows me calling myself "High Priest of Desna" doesn't mean anything. Desna's church isn't really a church. there's no hierarchy, and no clergy to speak of. it's just a loose congregation of Devotees doing the good work out on the roads. Taking this title is nothing more than an expression of my undying devotion to Our Lady on Gossamer Wings. It's no different than calling myself "High Priest of Bacon and Eggs."

But for other deities, the situation is different. Just like the diverse players and personalities we're all getting familiar with, there are loads of awesome diverse ways to play a cleric, and each Deity comes with its own personal touch on and off the battlefield. I've managed to identify some people out in the world who i believe are the real deal, just like me–Devotees and Die-hard fans to their Deities. However, it's not my place to name them.

so i'm leaving this thread here as a place for the lot of you to proclaim yourselves, or perhaps argue over the position of, High Priest of _____________ or the equivalent. If you consider yourself the chief authority on a Higher Authority, this is the place for you to post and say it loud right now.

I'm highly interested in finding out who's who, and if it lines up with the ones i thought i'd already identified. Note that this has very little to do with roleplay, though i imagine the concept to be quite attractive to roleplayers. The world needs the authorities on these nuanced and niche fighting styles to identify themselves. I'll add names below to keep track.

High Priest of Sarenrae (Seraph has called it out in person, and there are supposedly several representatives in Keepers Pass. Sounds like a Bikini Beach Volleyball Tournament is in the works.)

Iomede (how can it be? nobody?)

Champion of Gorum: Thorgrim Foegrinder (i already knew this one. Standing open challenge for another Gorum Devotee to take it from him by force. Write your will first though.)

Gozreh (this is a real shocker. all the spear wielders in golgotha and none of them are Gozreh-worshippers? knock me over with a feather.)

High Priest of Desna: (May I seek the road less traveled, onward to new passages, and find there but the road back home again. Amen.)

High Justicar of Abadar (nomination for Kharst, talked to him. Turns out "Bloodhound" is just an elsworth-ism. Proper title updated. he's on record saying he's not going to use a crossbow…smile

Lamashtu (nobody?)

Chosen of Norgeboogygooberborgergorger: This one's shrouded in mystery, just like the number of syllables in his name.

Pope of Asmodeus (Flynn Pontius. barring a personal inspection by a nun, he's the real deal. mace and all.)

Extra gods and made-up pantheons:

Archdruid of Erastil: Caldeathe appears to have planted his flag here…this is far from uncontested i'm sure.(honorable mention because everybody's excited for this guy)

High Priest of Shelyn: Cheatle (dunno if i buy it. too many political motivations)

Empyreal Lords (Ragathiel):Eyraphel Teralyn (this guy is a real deal paladin. fearless. seen him blow up a tower with one swing of a longsword. However, he may be an impostor posing as somebody else. His credibility remains to be tested.)

Dread Pontif of Urgathoa: Dak/Phyllain (if this is ever implemented, if the domains ever even exist, if the weapon is ever even implemented, i'll let these two have an Iocane Powder drinking game to decide who gets it)

High Priestess of the Order of Nails: Asmodena (ancillary to asmodeus worshippers. A lawful evil cult. Could be a factor when factions are a thing.)

"2nd Highest" Priest of the Magic Hat: Tigari (may he survive the wrath of his god for stealing the high priest position from him. amen. )
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Doc
I'm the Chosen of Norgorber. Why? Because anybody who suggests otherwise will get a sanctified short sword through their heart.
small update smile
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Doc
Chosen of Norgeboogygooberborgergorger: Doc (for now?? at least until someobdy puts a sanctified Short Sword through his heart.)

It's difficult to put a short sword through the ribs into the heart when you have an arrow going through each eye socket.

Just saying…
Tigari
Memory
Chosen of Norgeboogygooberborgergorger:

Thank you..Just thank you!
Duffy Swiftshadow
Well that's interesting…
Elmin Sterro
Doc
I'm the Chosen of Norgorber. Why? Because anybody who suggests otherwise will get a sanctified short sword through their heart.

I'm pretty sure publicly declaring yourself the High Priest of Norgorber pretty much guarantees that you aren't.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Flynn Pontis: Zealot of Asmodeus.
Kharst Grimmnason: Bloodhound of Abadar
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Flynn Pontis: Zealot of Asmodeus.
Kharst Grimmnason: Bloodhound of Abadar

nuh uh Ellie. If they aren't willing to come out and say it, they aren't devoted enough.

Elmin Sterro
Doc

I'm pretty sure publicly declaring yourself the High Priest of Norgorber pretty much guarantees that you aren't.

interesting point. i wonder if any other clues will emerge then? you seem to be presenting yourself as an expert of sorts…

also, there's a distinct possibility that Doc will now try to put a sanctified short sword through your heart.

Tink says Stab
Tigari
Memory
Chosen of Norgeboogygooberborgergorger:

Thank you..Just thank you!

Quit stealing my dank memes.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post