Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The time has come

Rynnik
Edam
Tink says Stab
It's always funny when faux Goons think that they can emulate the success they had in EvE. I've crushed you in other games, I'll crush you here.

That is unless you actually are in the leadership of the old EvE Goon core. Cause then I would actually be worried.

I thought Mittens was too busy making real money off his websites to play the game anymore smile
Uh mittens is hardly old eve goon corp. He only ever ran it as a business. A successful boring business. He was only interesting pre-leader days imo. Back in the day some actual personable characters ran that shit which is part of what made it so entertaining to watch from the outside.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Midnight
Back to the wipe discussion, since no actual invasion seems to be forthcoming…

Given the promises GW made, a credit card company will happily do chargebacks if there is a wipe.

Any unkept promise is grounds for reversing a credit card charge.

GW would have to weigh if losing all the money they made so far is worth the amount of money they'd make after a wipe.

And with no box cost, now they'd really have to be sure that the incoming numbers would increase substantially.

And as others pointed out, Eve has been going on for 10 years and no new character can ever "catch up", but new players have lots of fun and are even useful (if they're smart enough to listen to their elders). If PFO can capture that element there will be no need for a wipe, and if they CAN'T capture that element… there will have to be a wipe every year, which sounds like a game that very few would play.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Midnight
Back to the wipe discussion, since no actual invasion seems to be forthcoming…

Given the promises GW made, a credit card company will happily do chargebacks if there is a wipe.

Any unkept promise is grounds for reversing a credit card charge.

GW would have to weigh if losing all the money they made so far is worth the amount of money they'd make after a wipe.

And with no box cost, now they'd really have to be sure that the incoming numbers would increase substantially.

And as others pointed out, Eve has been going on for 10 years and no new character can ever "catch up", but new players have lots of fun and are even useful (if they're smart enough to listen to their elders). If PFO can capture that element there will be no need for a wipe, and if they CAN'T capture that element… there will have to be a wipe every year, which sounds like a game that very few would play.

I doubt that a breech of an intention will hold the same weight as a breech of contract. I Don't recall the exact language of the Kickstarter, and I dont mean what might have been written in a post or in Andius' introduction.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
THEPROPHET
The Chosen continue to pull the strings of strife.
Some few of you with a keen eye have correctly noticed some uncharacteristic posts in your so called private forums.
Most of you, of course, continue to flounder about.

Why would someone who always played by the rules suddenly ask for a group to exploit?
Why would someone call for a Holy War?
Why would someone who never was interested in politics suddenly proclaim they were making an alt to spy on EOX?
Those are the obvious ones, look deeper for the true string pullers.
All of these happened within the last 24 hours. I have told you: We are many. We have been here. We are those you trust. We are your Doom.
Tigari
Why would someone(anyone) really care?

I mean, You don't come..oh well..
You DO come..hey, something interesting happens! YAY!
Phyllain
Next piece of Intel. I say mean things about Decius in the EoX shout box.
Bringslite
THEPROPHET
Some few of you with a keen eye have correctly noticed some uncharacteristic posts in your so called private forums.

Why would someone who always played by the rules suddenly ask for a group to exploit?
Why would someone who never was interested in politics suddenly proclaim they were making an alt to spy on EOX?
All of these happened within the last 24 hours. I have told you: We are many. We have been here. We are those you trust. We are your Doom.

Mom?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Bringslite
THEPROPHET

Mom?

I think its Andius' mum.
Just Dak
How disappointing, this could have been gloriously destructive. In the end, it's just amateur.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
MidknightDiamond
THEPROPHET

So… Doomhammer maybe?
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post