Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The time has come

Tink says Stab
Cheatle for TEO
Actually, this kind of reads like a post I saw last month on EVE forums.
Phase 1 of Plan Awful.

Who could they be trying to evoke!? Their plan is something of a mystery.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Part of me says "Meh", I'll wait and see if it happens.

Another part of me says "Welcome", we could all use a new bogey man.

If their objective is to sow chaos, that is fairly simple to do and very difficult to stop. They win even if they lose, and will only stop when they get bored of it. Drinking the tears of Care Bears never gets boring for those who like that sort of thing.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Edam
If someone can manage to bring down T2 gatherers by zerging with trial accounts I will be impressed.
Tink says Stab
Also,

"To push the button. World."
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Garric Orcsbane
Someone posted something about a PFO dating game a while back, is that what this is?
Doc
Strike one of us down, and you will find 3 more ready to step into the breach. We shall feed off your cries and drink of your tears.

You couldn't possibly inflict more pain and suffering on me than this game already has, and I'm still around, so … meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wBjBYT-1Do
Memory-High Priest of Desna
So Goonswarm?

goonswarm.

won't work the same here as it did in EVE.

Unleash the AOE attacks! lol.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Tabomo
THEPROPHET
For months we have watched this game. Some of us have infiltrated the supposed power blocks and a few have even been placed in positions of leadership in these propped up regimes. For months we have waited in the shadows for the game to Get Good.

Earlier today, as a group we have decided that there is a high likelihood that this is as good as it will get. Therefore I have been dispatched to give warning and announce the beginning of Phase 1 of Plan Awful. Our operatives, which have been instrumental in stirring up conflict between the pretend powers shall increase their efforts. In conjunction with this, within the next 4 weeks, our plebs shall make use of the endless Free Accounts to bring justice to the new player area as well as show that the only true power worthwhile is that of numbers. We shall suffocate the resistance. You will wake up in the middle of the night begging for an end to the onslaught, but there shall be no such end. Strike one of us down, and you will find 3 more ready to step into the breach. We shall feed off your cries and drink of your tears.

We have been among you since day one. You still have no idea how screwed you are. Soon you shall. Your doom has come. Those among you who wish to plead for a spot among the Chosen should know where to find us.

Lol
Thod-Theodum
Interesting - I was always warned this day would happen - and that it would be the day Emerald Lodge would burn. I'm not an Eve player - but I have played long enough to know how this game works and I'm still able to think outside the box. So what is / isn't possible?

1) A lot would rely on free accounts. This is an achilles heel for the game that GW produced when they tried to lure in more players. Off course it could become an achilles heel for a would'be invader if it gets switched off.
2) Equipment - you need weapon and armour. Either a big pile has been build up already - or an invasion will slowly run into equipment issues and gets us back to 1)
3) Generating a war economy with a zerg can be an issue. A longsword is easy enough to forge. But raw materials could run out quickly. The latest numbers are for a small server population that quickly exhausts a local environment. Having production all over the place could make you easily to become a target. Armor is critical for survival - ask any mage - but these are the most difficult ones to make timewise / resource wise. Haven't done the starter quests to know what you get handed over.
4) Infiltration - this is an interesting one. Infiltrating different groups can give you a heads up if you are able to plunder resources.
5) DT accounts - I guess there will be a spike in prices for used accounts. After all - even a zerg wants some leaders.
6) Being there since the start. Likely necessary that you have at least a few ones that know the game and that are experienced (see leaders above).
7) Keep the troops motivated. How many kills do you need to offer your zerg to ensure they stay motivated. Running around half an hour to find a lonely target might not motivate troops for long. Having them gather and craft - well - they are here for PvP aren't they?
smile Political landscape. What does it take to have EBA and EoX to work together and get EL out of their non-PvP stance?
9) Reputation actually might not be an issue for any zerg. The reputation loss formula is based on kills/character - if the zerg is a lot bigger as what they attack then a high number of character kills will be countered by a high number of characters and not much reputation loss will happen - just because there will not be enough victims. Actually it could turn out the opposite way and reputation becomes an issue for the defenders as they will rack up much higher kill numbers (the zerg is large) while having much less characters.

All just idle speculation. But best to be prepared.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Doc
I'd be really surprised if this was anything more than just a prank by an existing player.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post