Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The time has come

Memory-High Priest of Desna
So, This is the last word from the Church on this:

It's cute and entertaining, but anybody that thinks they can do something similar to EVE and other games in here is sadly mistaken. There's no real impact they can have with this (on older players like us). The most you could do is attack newbies and get yourself and your accounts banned. We all know this, so it's not likely that anybody will engage you.

have fun though. swarms of trial accounts trying to impotently assassinate people sounds hilarious.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Tink says Stab
Doc
The virtual look in your eyes when your friend or leader twists the knife in your gut will be priceless.
To show that we mean business here is a small sample from our internal spy service because Tink seems to think this is a jest:

Edward Snowden, is that you?

Eh, sounds more like Manning.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Garric Orcsbane
Payton or Eli?
Stilachio Thrax
Garric Orcsbane
Payton or Eli?

In this case, Cooper.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Dreamslinger
Memory
have fun though. swarms of trial accounts trying to impotently assassinate people sounds hilarious.
Not to derail this manifesto, I've been recently been thinking that one thing that I really think PFO is missing that is present in EvE is the ability for even brand new characters to contribute meaningfully in a battle filled with characters that have 10s of millions of XP. In EvE large ships have weapons that are effective against other large ships and can have trouble picking off small ships.

In PFO, because of the huge damage and defense benefits that come from the different tiers and the way that EPro keeps a T1 character from throwing out meaningful buffs or debuffs during a fight, low level characters seem like they'll only ever be effective against other low level characters, even if they have a large advantage in numbers.
Dreamslinger
Part of me is hoping that this is real and that Cheatle is a plant.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
@Dreamslinger

maybe? but in EVE (i really don't like to make these comparisons), there are also small ship pilots with 10's of millions of XP who can completely outclass and annihilate swarms of small ships with no xp too. when i played in the old days, a regular only t1 frigate swarm vs. an ace Assault Frigate pilot was just a meatgrinder. It works the same here in PFO, there just aren't different sizes of players to draw that comparison from. A better comparison would be, for example, Greatsword/Greatclub users vs fast moving dagger users. There's a rock-paper-scissors mechanic like that with marginal effectiveness built in, you just don't see a lot of people exploiting it, and it doesn't matter so much in group PVP anyway.

Also the AOE in PFO works much differently, and that impacts the discussion a great deal.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Feldrol
Oh, Nur Athemon and that, in the same month.
That would be too much.
BlackMoria
<cracks knuckles>

Sounds delicious. I can use the social points.
Duffy Swiftshadow
If anything does happen just whirlwind them all and let Pharasma sort them out. Broadcast legit noobs get into TK and kill anyone who pvps not in T2. Any high level plants show up take em out too, a unified coalition could easily deal with anything but probably hundreds. If some bigger group is in on it they will reveal their allegiance and get booted. No biggy.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post