Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The time has come

Stilachio Thrax
Tigari
The problem is, I paid these pass few months because of no wipe. If they add a wipe, and I don't get my money back (or at least time worth of credit), I'm done with the game. Even if I get the time back, a wipe will have me thinking if I still want to play. I put a lot of playtime and effort into the game.

Also, if those new players come in thinking they can take on the bigger groups right away, without joining another group, they kinda deserved to get Roflstomped.

I 100% agree. Whether or not they should have said no wipe is irrelevant. They said they wouldn't, and backing off of that would be a huge mistake.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Dreamslinger
Dreaden
This thread confirms my theory that there needs to be a wipe for OE. OP states they are going to come to the game and pee in everyone's cheerios, not a single person is worried because "lol whirlwind" t1 shrubs. If this is not a hoax, how much player rentention do you think we'll achieve when 100 dudes get rolfstomped by a quarter their numbers? Said it before and I'll say it again, no large group of players will sub for a year before they have a fighting chance.

It's only "lol whirlwind" when you are dealing with trial accounts. It doesn't take long to get into tier 2 armor and then that stops being the case. A large number of trial accounts should be able to take down stronger characters but they'll incur a lot of casualties. A swarm of trial characters will be able to floor someone's rep pretty quickly since only one of them ever needs to go red.
Dreaden
Why would it be such a big deal, besides GW saying they wouldn't? Everyone would be at square one, no disadvantages to anyone. Nothing would change, except back at t1 minus stock piles of gear and resources. There is no leveling grind, exp is free. Recipes and such would have to be farmed again but we do escalations almost every day anyways. Seems like a small sacrifice to draw in large groups of competitive at open enrollment. Of course GW would have to appease it's current players, but this is easily solved by providing free subscription time equal to what you have paid. In case you guys haven't noticed, this game has a horrible PR and somethings will have to give to turn that around.
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Dreaden
This thread confirms my theory that there needs to be a wipe for OE. OP states they are going to come to the game and pee in everyone's cheerios, not a single person is worried because "lol whirlwind" t1 shrubs. If this is not a hoax, how much player rentention do you think we'll achieve when 100 dudes get rolfstomped by a quarter their numbers? Said it before and I'll say it again, no large group of players will sub for a year before they have a fighting chance.

It's only "lol whirlwind" when you are dealing with trial accounts. It doesn't take long to get into tier 2 armor and then that stops being the case. A large number of trial accounts should be able to take down stronger characters but they'll incur a lot of casualties. A swarm of trial characters will be able to floor someone's rep pretty quickly since only one of them ever needs to go red.

Aw hell no! Tell me that a player defending herself when attacked doesn't go red to the aggressor's buddies that are standing around but are still white, if the defender just retaliates vs. the one aggressor.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
Dreaden
Why would it be such a big deal, besides GW saying they wouldn't? Everyone would be at square one, no disadvantages to anyone. Nothing would change, except back at t1 minus stock piles of gear and resources. There is no leveling grind, exp is free. Recipes and such would have to be farmed again but we do escalations almost every day anyways. Seems like a small sacrifice to draw in large groups of competitive at open enrollment. Of course GW would have to appease it's current players, but this is easily solved by providing free subscription time equal to what you have paid. In case you guys haven't noticed, this game has a horrible PR and somethings will have to give to turn that around.

As someone said above, what then happens when people who show up 6 months after OE start bitching and moaning that they never are going to catch up with OE players? Are you going to reset everything then so nobody has been there longer?

EVE has managed just fine getting new people even thought they start out years behind some other players. If someone can't handle not being "Mr. I've got the biggest Epeen even though I just started", this isn't the game for them.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Dreaden
Why would it be such a big deal, besides GW saying they wouldn't?
Becuase people have given them a bunch of money and put hundreds of hours of their time into the game because we were told it is live and wouldn't be wiped. While it might not bother some of us very much, there are a lot of people who would never have spent the time they did on any game if they thought it was going to be wiped.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Dreaden

Aw hell no! Tell me that a player defending herself when attacked doesn't go red to the aggressor's buddies that are standing around but are still white, if the defender just retaliates vs. the one aggressor.
Whirlwind is implicitly against a group, not an individual. If only one person attacks them, they can hit back and take them out without a rep penalty, but it won't be with a Whirlwind attack.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Dreamslinger
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Dreaden

If you are throwing around whirlwinds left and right you are going to end up mowing down a bunch of guys that didn't attack you.
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Dreaden

If you are throwing around whirlwinds left and right you are going to end up mowing down a bunch of guys that didn't attack you.

Noted and thanks for the replies. I took that part out of context - something that I harp on about a good deal in other forums.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
MidknightDiamond
Tink says Stab
We… we weren't supposed to be murdering PFU?

I'll be right back. Got a few bodies to unbury.

*snickerfit*
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post