Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The time has come

Dreamslinger
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Dreaden
This thread confirms my theory that there needs to be a wipe for OE. OP states they are going to come to the game and pee in everyone's cheerios, not a single person is worried because "lol whirlwind" t1 shrubs. If this is not a hoax, how much player rentention do you think we'll achieve when 100 dudes get rolfstomped by a quarter their numbers? Said it before and I'll say it again, no large group of players will sub for a year before they have a fighting chance.

It's only "lol whirlwind" when you are dealing with trial accounts. It doesn't take long to get into tier 2 armor and then that stops being the case. A large number of trial accounts should be able to take down stronger characters but they'll incur a lot of casualties. A swarm of trial characters will be able to floor someone's rep pretty quickly since only one of them ever needs to go red.

Aw hell no! Tell me that a player defending herself when attacked doesn't go red to the aggressor's buddies that are standing around but are still white, if the defender just retaliates vs. the one aggressor.
Whirlwind is implicitly against a group, not an individual. If only one person attacks them, they can hit back and take them out without a rep penalty, but it won't be with a Whirlwind attack.

What about a swarm of 10 guys running up on you? Only a couple have attacked, how long do you wait to whirlwind? Do you make sure that everyone is red?
Dreaden
I appreciate all of your opinions on the matter. I just hope that GW can pull some magic off and turn the negative PR around. Literally every gaming site I read rips PFO to shreds when ever it is mentioned and no wipe is almost always a concern.
Smitty
MidknightDiamond
Tink says Stab
We… we weren't supposed to be murdering PFU?

I'll be right back. Got a few bodies to unbury.

*snickerfit*
I was wondering if GW had installed speed bumps between KB and TK..
Tink says Stab
I got bored for a few days a couple of weeks back. Decided to have a go at PvP in T1+0 gear, just to see how it went.

I did fairly well. Now, obviously I am something of a special case, I still had all the support of my higher level feats that aren't gear dependant, but I was still able to punch well above my weight class. Alone I was able to bring most squishier characters to half before they killed me, and with even a single other friend I was able to grab the occasional kill.

Now, given that my equipment cost me ~15c, and theirs cost them about 80s, I think that that is fairly good, all things considered.

Am I particularly scared of the 100 man trial account swarm? Not really, I play well enough in PvP that I know I'll come ahead in most fights. Would I think twice about running into 5 T1 combat characters? Probably. I can almost certainly kill them all the majority of the time, but they only need to kill me once to come out ahead financially. And they can almost certainly get from the shrine back to me before I have killed them all.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Dreamslinger
Dreaden
This thread confirms my theory that there needs to be a wipe for OE. OP states they are going to come to the game and pee in everyone's cheerios, not a single person is worried because "lol whirlwind" t1 shrubs. If this is not a hoax, how much player rentention do you think we'll achieve when 100 dudes get rolfstomped by a quarter their numbers? Said it before and I'll say it again, no large group of players will sub for a year before they have a fighting chance.

It's only "lol whirlwind" when you are dealing with trial accounts. It doesn't take long to get into tier 2 armor and then that stops being the case. A large number of trial accounts should be able to take down stronger characters but they'll incur a lot of casualties. A swarm of trial characters will be able to floor someone's rep pretty quickly since only one of them ever needs to go red.

Aw hell no! Tell me that a player defending herself when attacked doesn't go red to the aggressor's buddies that are standing around but are still white, if the defender just retaliates vs. the one aggressor.
Whirlwind is implicitly against a group, not an individual. If only one person attacks them, they can hit back and take them out without a rep penalty, but it won't be with a Whirlwind attack.

What about a swarm of 10 guys running up on you? Only a couple have attacked, how long do you wait to whirlwind? Do you make sure that everyone is red?

JUst like anything else, I suppose. If I don't want others seeing me as red, I don't use whirlwind. I am not sure how any mechanic could be made to prevent that crappy tactic. Any ideas?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Daeglin
If there's 10 of them and one of you, they already all have you targeted. Either run, or suck up a possible rep hit and have at them.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Daeglin
lol 8 pages
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Tink says Stab
We take our supar sekret spies extremely seriously around these parts.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Dreamslinger
Tink says Stab
We take our supar sekret spies extremely seriously around these parts.

That and the "Golgatha sucks! No, EBA Sucks!" thread died down so the forum is a little short on drama.
Edam
Tink says Stab
*I* think that the entire EvE Goons collective is jumping over. Every single one of them.

All 40,000 members of CFC ? … that would keep the game financial for a while if they subbed even for a month.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post