Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Adding Excitement

Quijenoth Starkiller
I posted before about the use of crafting and escalation improvements

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/2972/?page=2#post-30941

Now we know they have the ability to spawn destroyable buildings as part of an escalation I would love to see cultists spawning shrines, bandits spawning hideouts, ogre shamans spawning totems, mordant spire dig sites, mercenary trainging barracks, etc, etc.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Caldeathe Baequiannia
There will be some factoring, for sure. At the current max resources in hex, unless the gushers are actually seepers, they will completely deplete the hex very quickly, and rather than how much you get, the only difference in gathering skill might be how long it takes to get everything. My level 11 gatherer can burn though the top rating in many hexes in less than it would take me to get back to town, return with a kit and start collecting. Perhaps gushers will have to be outside the resource ratings, unless they've returned to significantly higher levels by implementation.

I hope that it will always be worth while to place an extraction kit. I suppose it's going to depend somewhat on the cost of the kits, but if nothing else it should save that particular gatherer a bunch of time over wandering the map looking for more nodes.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Smitty
Rank 14 could exploit a T2 gusher with no problem.

I just feel there should be a benefit to getting to the last Tier of a gathering skill, in effect you have mastered finding all of that tiers resources and providing gushers at that point would make sense.

T3 resources sound fairly limited. very small amounts are found prior to degrading, gaining rank 15 and 16 are going to mean you find the normal resources even faster, which means you degrade the hex in less time. If you are able to gain T3 gushers at rank 16 at a medium level, spending the xp to get to rank 20 would not be a smart idea.
I just feel gushers for the Tiers should be reserved for the people that have truly mastered the tier.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Higher ranks should be getting several benefits, but I don't think it's good to deny gushers to people unless they are willing to max their gathering.

They are gathering faster, and finding more per node. I'd anticipate that at level 20, virtually every node would have ten units in it, or possibly more. Perhaps the highest levels could provide a noticeable encumbrance boost, to simulate an ability to select only the purest and densest of materials, or could confer keywords that make carrying bags more efficient. Maybe in a robust system later, they could make good use of special bags that can only contain raw matts and add to encumbrance.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Now I'm thinking we could do an early-implementation, scaled-down, version of gushers now, by providing a tiny chance of 20 or 30 units in a node as a lottery-perk to gatherers.
Smitty
Okay ill put it this way..

T3 resources are set at what 50 a hex before it degrades?
You get 2 a node at rank 14 average.. 25 nodes to degrade hex
You get rank 16 and you end up a average of 3-4 a node.. 13-15 nodes to degrade a hex
Rank 17 xp cost 121989 51 days,
Rank 18 xp 144808 61 days
Rank 19 xp 170309 71 days
Rank 20 198639 83 days

Who is going to spend 266 days of xp to get a hex to degrade in 5-6 nodes rather than 13-15 nodes ? No one is going to save 10 min in a hex by spending 266 days of xp .. there is absolutely zero incentive to ever max a gathering skill to rank 20 as it stands now.. Putting gushers as the last thing a gathering skill will give those last 4 ranks a purpose because right now they serve zero purpose.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Smitty

You do not necessarily get any of any given tier. Even a level 20 gatherer might find nothing but T1 resources in a given node. At T3, assuming there are 50-T3 and 50-T2 and 50-T1 (which isn't the case) you'd probably have to hit more than 50 nodes to deplete the T3, by which time you'd be loaded down with T1 and T2 unless you are throwing them away.
Jokken
Smitty

You get rank 16 and you end up a average of 3-4 a node.. 13-15 nodes to degrade a hex
Rank 20 198639 83 days

Who is going to spend 266 days of xp to get a hex to degrade in 5-6 nodes rather than 13-15 nodes ? No one is going to save 10 min in a hex by spending 266 days of xp .. there is absolutely zero incentive to ever max a gathering skill to rank 20 as it stands now.. Putting gushers as the last thing a gathering skill will give those last 4 ranks a purpose because right now they serve zero purpose.

When you train a gathering skill to a higher rank, you have a higher chance to pull more of everything when you harvest. A max rank gatherer will get more T2 and T1 materials while degrading the T3 materials in the process. With a vastly decreased time to process each node, a max rank gatherer has the capability to strip a hex clean in a much shorter period of time than his rank 14 counter part. In short, a max rank gatherer is not merely an efficient resource extractor, they are also a weapon of war…
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Jokken
Delete
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Jokken
Smitty

Rank 20 198639 83 days

When you train a gathering skill to a higher rank, you have a higher chance to pull more of everything when you harvest. A max rank gatherer will get more T2 and T1 materials while degrading the T3 materials in the process. With a vastly decreased time to process each node, a max rank gatherer has the capability to strip a hex clean in a much shorter period of time than his rank 14 counter part. In short, a max rank gatherer is not merely an efficient resource extractor, they are also a weapon of war…

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post