Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Is it possible to remove a leader from a company if there are multiple leaders?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Phyllain
I'll be honest I have zero idea what charter thing you are talking about.
Goblinworks Blog (July 3, 2012): Put it in Writing See subsection "All Politics Are Local Politics"
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Original Golgotha Charter
Phyllain
yeah that was deacons thing not mine. I also fail to see how you can do that blog stuff with out programming.
Nihimon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Charters require zero programming.

Charters that are enforced by the system will absolutely require a lot of design and programming.

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Phyllain
How does the charter thing require zero programming?

By making it a customer service issue.

That's a potentially huge workload to place on a very small staff that's already heavily taxed keeping up with current needs.

Finally, for The Seventh Veil the reality is that the Stewards really are equal in power. It's good and right that Decius, Thorgrim, and I are all at the same rank and can't depose each other.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I never implied it would be easy. It is however, possible. And the finished mechanic (in programming) is intended, unlike "uber leader" which is adding programming for something that is not intended. (excepting that having an Uber leader would satisfy one subsection of the available options [feudal], and probably not the subsection that most groups will choose.)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Phyllain
yeah that was deacons thing not mine. I also fail to see how you can do that blog stuff with out programming.
I never thought otherwise. From my point of view, the people who voted for various groups in the landrush that got us our settlements were given specific expectations by those charters. Having Golgotha switched by developer fiat to a Feudal system from an Oligarchy might or might not offend the people who voted for Golgotha, but would definitely offend a lot of other people.
Thod-Theodum
@Cal
Uber Leaders are already implemented and they don't need programming

It is called the e-mail list from GW to send out for crucial decisions like which +2 buildings to chose or how to name the settlement. I'm sure I can come up with 2 or 3 other examples when I was asked my input as Uber Leader of EL.

But wasn't it you who got on this Uber Leader list by buying an account with a settlement attached and causing 'issues' later down the line. I'm not mentioning this here to point the finger - actually I think both GW and you handled it as well as it could have been done and in my view not much damage was done as all you did was a prank.

But now envision if you would have deliberately been up for mischief.

I'm currently in a situation where I have a company and 2 leaders MIA. I don't want to kick them - I hope they come back. But it creates a lot of issues. Luckily I have at least one char who is officer and that way can prevent the worst and keep it running.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Phyllain
It's been switched by me already to a feudal system.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thod-Theodum
@Cal
Uber Leaders are already implemented and they don't need programming

It is called the e-mail list from GW to send out for crucial decisions like which +2 buildings to chose or how to name the settlement. I'm sure I can come up with 2 or 3 other examples when I was asked my input as Uber Leader of EL.

But wasn't it you who got on this Uber Leader list by buying an account with a settlement attached and causing 'issues' later down the line. I'm not mentioning this here to point the finger - actually I think both GW and you handled it as well as it could have been done and in my view not much damage was done as all you did was a prank.

But now envision if you would have deliberately been up for mischief.
Yes the system is incomplete and still leaves a lot of stuff in the hands of the person who first registered a company with the landrush. But most of our settlements have made adjustments by promoting other leaders, so that we have a structure that mimics what we announced when we obtained votes for the landrush. Currently, we've been assured that those who have been promoted into leadership will have some limited control over the actions of the "owner" in that they will be consulted before anything major is done. The request to make one of those people an uber leader in each settlement would undo that and return us to being at the whim of one person.

No, I never bought a settlement. I asked by email to be put in charge of a tower company for a settlement because the leader was unresponsive and we wanted to be able to craft at a higher level. I never requested being owner of the settlement. It was never a prank. It was an attempt to keep a settlement alive that was in a convenient location. Whether I got up to mischeif, or Phyllain does one day, or no-one ever does doesn't change the fact that we are intended to have some agency in our settlements, and suddenly turning all of them back into sole dictatorships is a step backward for most of us.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Phyllain
It's been switched by me already to a feudal system.
And, as I said, that is between you and the rest of Golgotha. Most of our settlements are not choosing that, and moving to where one person has absolute control over our settlements is a step backward for the rest of us. Using programmer time to do so is unreasonable for the majority of us.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post