Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside chat with GW Lead Game Designer Lee 7/22

PFU Hoffman
The next keepside chat will be with GW's Chief Technology Officer, Mark Kalmes. 8pm, 7/22.
Due to multiple things, Lee filled in for mark

Chat info:
golarion.mumble.com
port 3093
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Vadaryl
Thank you Hoffman,

Two questions

1. In previous Fireside chats having the capability of running analytics on the wish list that has been put off. Would it be possible to fit in stages this capability in between settlement releases? What type of data or feed back from players to help prioritize? Examples top 10 abilities used, top 10 raw resources sold, Daily average of XP and coin spent on training

2. Game stability has made great strides from EE 1 to today. Examples changes on programming side for hex transitions of buffs reducing user DeSynch and Player versus Player battles going up in size of scale for conflicts. May you share with us insight (high level explanation of problem and solution) to one of the changes that helped in these performance increases?
Bringslite
Please tell me something good about bank vault filtering, bank vault logs, combat logs, and things like Knock back working.

Edit: Oh and "Hold The Line". It doesn't seem to work vs players. I haven't tried it vs mobs yet.

Also, please accept a congrats on overall stability improvements for most players.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
One super frustrating bug that still remains after months of hunting, the blue screen following a charge. Folks in the keepside chats know what it takes to get back in game, log out completely till top of the hour, wait for script to run log in. Any chance you guys can create a script to just run for a single account when logging in ? I do not know how many new players this affects or if they even try to log in again after repeated failed attempts, Please have at least something on the log in page that points to this could be an issue( if it is not already there, honestly I have not looked)

Dreaden
I fall through the world most commonly with charge but it happens when melee'ing monsters without charge sometimes as well.
Jokken
Let's talk about Auction House logs and buy orders.

As mentioned above an update on improved inventory management and chat features.

What is the probability that we could see company vault space offered in allied settlements?

Lastly, I'd like to know the feasibility of an inventory management HUD that summarizes what items you have across the server and what bank they are located in. Not asking for access to those things, just a tidy summary of what's where.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
PFU Hoffman
I want Jokken's list of what I left where. smile
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Tink says Stab
Lastly, I'd like to know the feasibility of an inventory management HUD that summarizes what items you have across the server and what bank they are located in. Not asking for access to those things, just a tidy summary of what's where.

A bank summary would be fantastic.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Red
Bank, AH, Character's Trained feats - all dumped to a file? What kind of man-hour cost would something like that have?
Giorgio
1- When are we getting a notification on our log in screen of where each of our PCs is located, and if he/she is dropping into a hot war zone (AKA Feud & Tink is on the prowl Warning).

2- When is GW going to prioritize analytical tools for the development team to use real data of what the players are actually doing in game, instead of what they guess players are doing in game? I am certain this will bring to light a lot of hard facts and information that can only make this game better.

3- When are social tools that allow for settlement leadership to contact their settlement's members in game (regardless if the are online or offline) going to be implemented? Again I bring up the concern that the GW team is not aware of what a frustrating struggle it is for settlement leadership to communicate with members who don't use voice coms and refuse to read forums; there MUST BE an in game alternative available. We are loosing lots of players and we have no way to communicate with them!

4- When is "Polls and Surveys in Log In Screen" tech going to be implemented?

5- When are we (as a player base) going to weigh in on where we want to see more programing time prioritized (settlements, PVE, PVP, UI, NPE, polish, bug fixes… )?

6- That lack of PMs in the GW forums is unacceptable at this stage in game development; why are social and communication tools so low on the priority list?

7- When are we getting more cash shop options so we can throw more money at the game and get more programmers hired?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post