Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Kickstarter Rewards and EE

Valkenr
Things like daily deals, and the new player pack haven't been mentioned in a while. But you would think the 'New Player Pack' wouldn't have much value to an experienced character. And GW cannot expect everyone will be making a 2nd or 3rd character to utilize these bonuses, when a subscription only gets you one character's training.

So, are all the EE rewards going to be useful to a day 1 character when they are added in? If that's not the plan, it should be.
TheGoodfellow
I think the new player pack is intended to be similar to the class pack in that it starts your character with some sort of boost, whether gear or expendables/potions/ect. I have to reread it but I think that was the idea. Not game breaking (if you don't have one you suck type thing) but a boost.
JoJampa
This concerns me a little as well since I purchased some of the add-ons thinking they would be at the start since they are "new player" add-ons.

Specifically, from the Kickstarter:
$10 - Class Pack

When characters arrive in the River Kingdoms in Pathfinder Online, they do so with little wealth or equipment to their name. A Class Pack will provide the character with a selection of items appropriate to a lower level character
of the class selected when the class pack is used. Each pack will include a weapon, a suit of armor (torso, legs, and helmet if applicable), and three or four other items of such as thieves tools, shields, boots, gloves, belts, hats,
etc. One Class Pack is required per character. You may purchase this Add-On multiple times.

As others have mentioned in other threads on this, if these are not available then they will quickly be superceded by better gear. Maybe they could be converted to cosmetic items for players that want an option to customize the look of a character?

The other add-ons would seem to have a little more leeway on when they are introduced but this particular one explicitly says it applies to lower level .. I guess the definition of "lower level" is subject to interpretation. smile
Edam
JoJampa
This concerns me a little as well since I purchased some of the add-ons thinking they would be at the start since they are "new player" add-ons.

Specifically, from the Kickstarter:
$10 - Class Pack

When characters arrive in the River Kingdoms in Pathfinder Online, they do so with little wealth or equipment to their name. A Class Pack will provide the character with a selection of items appropriate to a lower level character
of the class selected when the class pack is used. Each pack will include a weapon, a suit of armor (torso, legs, and helmet if applicable), and three or four other items of such as thieves tools, shields, boots, gloves, belts, hats,
etc. One Class Pack is required per character. You may purchase this Add-On multiple times.

As others have mentioned in other threads on this, if these are not available then they will quickly be superceded by better gear. Maybe they could be converted to cosmetic items for players that want an option to customize the look of a character?

The other add-ons would seem to have a little more leeway on when they are introduced but this particular one explicitly says it applies to lower level .. I guess the definition of "lower level" is subject to interpretation. smile

yep … I mentioned elsewhere this is also an issue for people that purchased double of these packs in KS for the Destiny Twin which is not implemented at EE. By the time we get DTs the main can probably equip them out of spare trash.
Ryan Dancey
We are working very hard on things like the New Player Pack, the Class Pack, the Regional Trait thing, and a few others. We want them available at the start of Early Enrollment.

Daily Deals will not be in Early Enrollment, or at least, not until near the end. They have minor (if any) mechanical values anyway so they won't affect your ability to play.
Bringslite
Another "like".

+1 Ryan!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyncale
Thanks Ryan. I indeed figured that several of the Daily Deals were cosmetic items only, and just would be cool weapon or armor skins. However, there are quit a few items that do seem to imply some form of usefullness, and most likely do not have a graphical representation in the game (exept as icon in your inventory), like the Sleeping Dragon Teaset.

Daily Deals

It would be a pity for instance if the Blessed Healing Kit would only contain a few minor heal potions or some, since that does not seem useful for a veteran character. However, if that Kit would have a graphical representation somehow (hanging from a Clerics Belt) then that would be very cool. Same for Flask of Spirits. Maybe a tiny Power-boost, on a long cool-downtimer? smile This quote is making me hopefull that all Daily Deals will have a graphical representation in the game though:

Some of the items may be particularly interesting to players interested in certain aspects of Pathfinder lore.
These are not "I win" perks. They're going to have very minimal (if any) in game mechanical effects. They're about looking cool, or showing respect for a part of the Pathfinder lore, or just letting other people know that YOU are a part of the reason the game was created and developed.

Anyway, those Daily Deals were a real appetizer for the Kickstarter, best thing next to the Destinies Twin. I hope for either a graphical representation or an effect that is either pure fun, or still is somewhat usefull for a vet character.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
JoJampa
Ryan Dancey
We are working very hard on things like the New Player Pack, the Class Pack, the Regional Trait thing, and a few others. We want them available at the start of Early Enrollment.

Daily Deals will not be in Early Enrollment, or at least, not until near the end. They have minor (if any) mechanical values anyway so they won't affect your ability to play.
Fantastic news! Thank you.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post