Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A Proposal

Bringslite
Not of marriage. Sorry to dash your hopes, Tink. smile

This may not be feasible, but then again, it might just be.

For the last what? 2 or 3 weeks we (Insert Diehards) have really messed with the systems being designed. Mostly for the good of the game. When you pull a Doo Hickey out of its sprocket the lazy susan starts to wobble. With the lazy susan wobbling it is almost impossible for the hamsters to get to their wheels on time and so things start to come unwoven.

With such integrated and interwoven parts, messing with one piece can cause a cascade effect. In the middle of sprint build patches, this is BAD.

It may just be me, but I see lots of scrambling to adjust lots of core designs, trying to make ALL fit together again. So everyone at GW is under time pressures already. Now they are cramming out ideas, trying to get The Machine back on course. Really though, the Machine is drifting further off course and further away from the destination that was described and understood (at least how I understood it).

The Proposal: GW in general, please take a step back. Take a 4 day weekend and get your heads cleared and leak some of the pressure that you are feeling, if you are feeling pressured and/or stressed. In the long run, it will mean nothing to us (the players). Right now it could be really good for the Dev Team.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Grim Onyxheart
Which makes you feel better? Accomplishing goals you've been working towards for weeks or taking 4 days off work.

They're professionals, and most of them have been doing this for a very long time. Have a little faith buddy, they know how to manage themselves.
~Part of the Empire of Xeilias, settlement of Golgotha, company of House Winterfield~
============= "Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace." ============
—————————————————- www.xeilias.com ————————————————
Giorgio
-1 not needed

I don't see anything indicating they are pushing themselves harder than expected at this stage of the games development and with resources on hand. I feel confident that Lisa and Ryan are keeping a close eye on the staffs health, and know when to slow things down if needed. This games development is a marathon, not a sprint.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
the Machine is drifting further off course and further away from the destination that was described and understood (at least how I understood it).

This sounds like your making the assumption that they have not made a course direction in response to realities that they may have become aware of.

There might have to be some radical changes, major breaks from what was planned for on paper, but now understood as not possible.

Personally I'm hoping that they are looking at a F2P model, some time in the future, especially if the subscription numbers fall. There is a good deal of evidence that F2P models actually generate more revenue than subscription based models. Some games have actually had a resurgeance following the switch.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
Giorgio
-1 not needed

I don't see anything indicating they are pushing themselves harder than expected at this stage of the games development and with resources on hand. I feel confident that Lisa and Ryan are keeping a close eye on the staffs health, and know when to slow things down if needed. This games development is a marathon, not a sprint.

Alright. I may be seeing something that isn't there and/or I may not be up to speed on how it all fits together now.

As I understand things right now:

A. Universal support to 20. Mostly so that friends have an easier time operating out of the same settlement.

B. The incentive to build Holdings is to 1. generate DI so that you can have structures inside your settlement, 2. generate Bulk goods to maintain interior structures, 3. generate Bulk goods to buy higher ranks of training via your own settlement.

C. The incentive to build interior structures is 1. some (infrastructure) to boost DI, 2. to lessen durability hits for deaths if you can get the buildings up to a certain level toward +5, 3. maybe you don't want to travel to train or you don't have friendly places to train at.

Is that about where things are right now?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
the Machine is drifting further off course and further away from the destination that was described and understood (at least how I understood it).

This sounds like your making the assumption that they have not made a course direction in response to realities that they may have become aware of.

That might be so. If so, I would like to be brought up to speed concerning WHAT is different in the "end goal" now. I can accept change and adjust my expectations if it makes sense and doesn't drift far from the original concepts.

I am certainly not here to support a game that gets watered down until it is just like all the other games that can't keep my interest.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
My thoughts get things nice and oiled for next week, Gen Con starts next week, have some cool stuff to show off. But make sure it works well smile
Edam
but … think of the hamsters
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite

That might be so. If so, I would like to be brought up to speed concerning WHAT is different in the "end goal" now. I can accept change and adjust my expectations if it makes sense and doesn't drift far from the original concepts.

I am certainly not here to support a game that gets watered down until it is just like all the other games that can't keep my interest.

How's that been working out so far?

I suspect you have read the final review on MMORPG, and setting aside all other comments but one, we are left with a game that it described as "empty".

That is something that needs to be addressed, and saying "this is not for everyone at this stage" isn't going to mean anything when it comes to breaking that reality. I'm sure yiu noticed, I did not say impression, because the feeling of emptiness is not an impression.

I don't know if you have tried any other MMOs since you have started playing PFO. I've since returned to SWTOR, LOTRO, and played for the first time in Albion Online's summer alpha. None of those games felt empty, and in the case of Albion, I was experiencing culture shock when entering the starter area and literally passing a hundred or more players along the way or in town.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Edam
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I don't know if you have tried any other MMOs since you have started playing PFO. I've since returned to SWTOR, LOTRO, and played for the first time in Albion Online's summer alpha. None of those games felt empty, and in the case of Albion, I was experiencing culture shock when entering the starter area and literally passing a hundred or more players along the way or in town.

But we have a better quality of player smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post