Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A Proposal

Bringslite
Doc
@Bringslite:

So, dammit Bluddwolf, time for a new approach. Where are you and your naer'do'well pack of cutthroats? WE need some danger. We need some bandits to chase.

Not that I'm really associated with Bluddwolf in PFO anymore, I'm not really sure he plays PFO since his example of escalation tactics above don't jive with the actual mechanics of event spawning – but are you asking people to engage in banditry again?

I stopped roam ganking months ago because of the Meta. I don't and never have considered it picking on players, something I don't do, but merely what should be a part of the game. But since people cried, I stopped.

Are you inviting me to start again?

Don't tease me. Please.

Only speaking for Ozem's Vigil here.

I am for it. I am pushing for some danger.

We won't cry on the forums if you don't act like a douche bag. Don't kill players inside settlements. Don't attack new players in Thornkeep. Don't be a dick in general chat. Just be a bandit, murderer, ganker, etc… anywhere outside of settlements.

If you are a member or resident of an EoX settlement, don't do ANY of the above to any Free Highlander until EoX wants to break our cease fire. If you want, recuse yourself from the EoX and "Have At It!"

Know that if you do these legit PfO PVP activities, we will not be shy about doing some legit PVP activities to discourage you. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Hobson Fiffledown
Did…did Bringslight just make me like a paladin? Did that just happen? I think I might cry.
This space for rent.
Doc
We won't cry on the forums if you don't act like a douche bag. Don't kill players inside settlements. Don't attack new players in Thornkeep. Don't be a dick in general chat. Just be a bandit, murderer, ganker, etc… anywhere outside of settlements.

If that was directed at me I kinda feel that wasn't necessary.
Doc
You are going to need a way around the "log in my bandit alt, do a raid maybe two, then logout and go do something else for a day or two before anyone tracks me down" dynamic before you get any action like that happening.

The difference now is I am so fking bored and don't give a shit about the overall meta game anymore that I'm willing to set absurd preconditions and gimping on myself so I can play within the Meta rules I have no control over - to curb my boredom.

So -

I will operate completely solo.
I will detach from a PC settlement, even though it gimps my capabilities, because realistically there is no other active PC settlement for me to park my character.
I will operate out of Rotter's Hole.
I will not run away just to log off, I will keep my character logged into game even if AFK for an hour after a fight, but perhaps in hiding still.
I will not use any other characters I own besides Doc (for these activities).
I will not use Doc for any EoX related activities, he will stay in his AO.
I will abide by all of my usual standards of operations, I don't taunt people, it's not personal. If you come back to your husk I will attack you again. I will whisper you to let you know I've left so you can then return to collect what remains (I don't usually take everything).

In return, I would like it to be acknowledged that I will be creating content for you and I'm not a sociopath.
Decius
Please spend five minutes, by the clock, figuring out where and when your high-value targets will be, and if you consistently find low-value targets when looking for big scores, adjust where you are looking.

Keep in mind that the game is anti-inductive; if you can consistently figure out where to get small groups with good loot, they will adjust to be somewhere else.

Yes, a very solid technique is to literally randomly assign times and routes to High Value Targets, and the most effective possible response to that is literally randomly scouting possible HVT routes. But the cost of random-walk among all possible routes is social, and probably more than the increased security will ever be worth.
Doc
It's OK man, I don't need advice on how to do this and not be a dick about it.

This morning I've already warned one of OZ's lowbie people in Logistics, and gave her tips on using both EF and Speed to keep haste on at all times, and also to be wary of people shadowing her. I could tell she was new in Tier-1 wiz robes. I didn't attack her, I coached her instead.

And I also told a random Keepers person in Tier1 all the way in the north that bandits were dared to come operate here.

The toughest part of the game for PvP is that there are so many baby seals. Since OZ's lowbies would be unawares, I'm just giving them PvP tips till OZ gets around to it.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
@ Bringslite,

I am up for the banditry thing, and you have demonstrated your understanding of why it is needed and whom the adversaries are (Bandits vs. Crusaders), but that makes GW's decision for the first two Factions to be all the more curious.

They are apparently not on the same page. I'm curious as to where the clamor has been for the Pathfinder Society faction? Nor why the Aspis Consortium (NE) vs. the Pathfinder Society (N) plays a logical role in the River Kingdoms at this time.

If they really want to support the setting, Bandits of Echo Wood or the Outlaw Council should be the chaotic neutral faction vs. the Crusaders from either Liberthane (LG) or Touvette (LN).
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Doc
I'm curious as to where the clamor has been for the Pathfinder Society faction

Probably because the extent of their current marketing for the game is only to Pathfinder table-top RPG customers of Paizo.
Doc
And FYI Bludd, if I see you up north, I'll consider you competition and will KOS. Nothing personal, it's just business.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
The other aspect of the game that is missing is meaningful landscape features (beyond mountains, elevations and ruts). The rivers and bridges need to be meaningful, and not just to fix the absurdity that the River Kingdoms has no rivers.

By adding rivers and making them impassable, that will funnel bandits, travelers and crusaders to the bridges. It will also add value to hexes that have bridges (I'm not sure if they all do) and play a role in territorial control beyond what resources are present.

Then the game will be, "what bridge and when?", for all three interested parties. No one can protect all bridges at all times, but bandits can't be at all bridges at all times either.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post