Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A Proposal

Bringslite
Doc
We won't cry on the forums if you don't act like a douche bag. Don't kill players inside settlements. Don't attack new players in Thornkeep. Don't be a dick in general chat. Just be a bandit, murderer, ganker, etc… anywhere outside of settlements.

If that was directed at me I kinda feel that wasn't necessary.

No Doc, that was not meant as a personal attack. It was meant as examples of what might cause "Meta Heat" otherwise known as…. tears?… to the hardcore PVP crowd.

Not sure where (in all the mess) that the impression got spread around, but most people playing right now know what an open world means. We know and knew that we can be attacked outside of settlements for sure at any time. There were lots of examples of people dramatizing the first few months of PVP on these forums here, I am pointing at myself. Ozem's has never been against random PVP. That is normal stuff and we have almost none, ATM.

To be clear, we consider that legit PVP AND we will attempt to hunt those that do it and return the favor.
1. We expect to have chances to serve justice to bad boys. We expect that you should have opportunities to be a bad boy.
2. We don't log when being chased or fighting. We expect the same from our opponents.
3. We try and follow Lisa's/GW's guidelines about the shrines. If we have ever attacked anyone at a shrine, it was certainly because the shrine wasn't very noticeable. We expect the same in return.
4. If bad boys are hiding somewhere (like in a settlement) and we can't get to them, that is pretty weak play. We will deal with that in some way, over the head of the bad boy, if necessary.
5. Hanging out in the settlements of your victims to taunt them in general chat is weak play. Expect the nastiness of response to rise to at least the level that YOU set yourself.

I will never cease advocating that killing inside settlements is bad form for activity lower than "WAR".
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Doc
You are going to need a way around the "log in my bandit alt, do a raid maybe two, then logout and go do something else for a day or two before anyone tracks me down" dynamic before you get any action like that happening.

The difference now is I am so fking bored and don't give a shit about the overall meta game anymore that I'm willing to set absurd preconditions and gimping on myself so I can play within the Meta rules I have no control over - to curb my boredom.

So -

I will operate completely solo.
I will detach from a PC settlement, even though it gimps my capabilities, because realistically there is no other active PC settlement for me to park my character.
I will operate out of Rotter's Hole.
I will not run away just to log off, I will keep my character logged into game even if AFK for an hour after a fight, but perhaps in hiding still.
I will not use any other characters I own besides Doc (for these activities).
I will not use Doc for any EoX related activities, he will stay in his AO.
I will abide by all of my usual standards of operations, I don't taunt people, it's not personal. If you come back to your husk I will attack you again. I will whisper you to let you know I've left so you can then return to collect what remains (I don't usually take everything).

In return, I would like it to be acknowledged that I will be creating content for you and I'm not a sociopath.
I'll look forward to seeing you on coalroad.com if you care to join us. Maybe we can look forward to a class on "Making yourself a hard target."? If you bump in to Cal Heurad (infrequently), he's likely to respond appropriately to an offer of SAD. His twin Cald, on the other hand, might prove more vexing (or might not at all).
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Hobson Fiffledown
Did…did Bringslight just make me like a paladin? Did that just happen? I think I might cry.

Not sure what they heck you mean there, Hobson, but there are never enough Paladins. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Doc
You are going to need a way around the "log in my bandit alt, do a raid maybe two, then logout and go do something else for a day or two before anyone tracks me down" dynamic before you get any action like that happening.

The difference now is I am so fking bored and don't give a shit about the overall meta game anymore that I'm willing to set absurd preconditions and gimping on myself so I can play within the Meta rules I have no control over - to curb my boredom.

So -

I will operate completely solo.
I will detach from a PC settlement, even though it gimps my capabilities, because realistically there is no other active PC settlement for me to park my character.
I will operate out of Rotter's Hole.
I will not run away just to log off, I will keep my character logged into game even if AFK for an hour after a fight, but perhaps in hiding still.
I will not use any other characters I own besides Doc (for these activities).
I will not use Doc for any EoX related activities, he will stay in his AO.
I will abide by all of my usual standards of operations, I don't taunt people, it's not personal. If you come back to your husk I will attack you again. I will whisper you to let you know I've left so you can then return to collect what remains (I don't usually take everything).

In return, I would like it to be acknowledged that I will be creating content for you and I'm not a sociopath.

That sounds great! Remember that I can only technically speak for Ozem's. The Free Highlanders usually let me wax poetic on their behalf, but this is stretching the limits. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Doc
Hanging out in the settlements of your victims to taunt them in general chat is weak play. Expect the nastiness of response to rise to at least the level that YOU set yourself.

Be advised, when I have the rep to do so I will I will venture into towns to scout, but I don't attack inside town anymore. I also won't be (can't really) use Feuds for rep free PvP anyway with the stand-down guards that come with that.
Doc
That sounds great! Remember that I can only technically speak for Ozem's. The Free Highlanders usually let me wax poetic on their behalf, but this is stretching the limits. smile

Please warn your lowbies. I came upon Ms. Elventree this morning and she was unaware of the current status quo of the region. So I gave her some PvP tips and sent her on her way. If we all want this to be a generally-positive experience, I need you guys to prep your newer players as well. I'm being extraordinarily nice today.
Doc
If you bump in to Cal Heurad (infrequently), he's likely to respond appropriately to an offer of SAD.

If I manage to root you and you stand still and don't attack back, I'll try to pause and let a chat occur. Ideally, I guess you could yell "I yield" in local real fast.

Like I said, I usually whisper to people when I leave after a kill, so I'm likely to respond to a SAD attempt if it's quick enough.

Either way though, I'm gimped by not being in a settlement now, and I lost stats and feat levels in all kinds of things. We'll see how much I can actually accomplish! smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Ozem's has never been against random PVP. That is normal stuff and we have almost none, ATM.
It's true that many of us have or had some issues with the difference between "Random" and "Meaningless." There should be random PvP in the world.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Doc

Please warn your lowbies. I came upon Ms. Elventree this morning and she was unaware of the current status quo of the region. So I gave her some PvP tips and sent her on her way. If we all want this to be a generally-positive experience, I need you guys to prep your newer players as well. I'm being extraordinarily nice today.

We warn them when they join. I have posted and PMed a warning and some advice to the entire membership. Unfortunately not all new people are registered on ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com.

We will have to handle that on a case by case deal. We have become complacent because the danger setting has been at "zero" for a good long time.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Doc
Hanging out in the settlements of your victims to taunt them in general chat is weak play. Expect the nastiness of response to rise to at least the level that YOU set yourself.

Be advised, when I have the rep to do so I will I will venture into towns to scout, but I don't attack inside town anymore. I also won't be (can't really) use Feuds for rep free PvP anyway with the stand-down guards that come with that.

That is just fine. Be advised that after a few kills, your toon will be well known. Almost no one in Ozem's Vigil is shy about taking a rep hit for the team.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post