Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bulk Resources Future Increased Weight

kes
I believe I saw a reference to the weight of bulk resources being increased from the current 1 lb for encumbrance but I cannot find it now.

Can anyone confirm what this weight increase will be and when it is to be implemented?
Azure_Zero
Yes, they are 1 unit of encumbrance each now
Aeryx
If I'm not mistaken, the intention is for them to be 5 encumbrance each, though I'm unsure when that will be implemented.

Edit: Though, come to think of it, that may have been an old intention that they've since done away with.

Edit 2, now with source: When bulk resources were originally implemented they weighed 5 (lbs/kg/stones). However, it was soon changed to 1, and then again to .25. That change was announced here. You can see Decius note that .25 is 5% of the previous value, confirming that they used to be 5.

However, most language from Goblinworks that I can find suggests that bulk resources' "design weight" is 1. Perhaps that replaces the old design of 5, and there won't be any additional increase.
Doc
With mules available now, increasing the weight back to 1 or even 5 might not be that big of a negative hit for holding managers. Might be a good idea to soft-force people to use Mules and inject more money sinks/inter-dependency into the game economy.
Rynnik
- Changed the encumbrance value of bulk resources to 1. They will return to 5 on the next update.

Source: https://goblinworks.com/blog/early-enrollment-v10-release-notes/
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
kes
Thanks for the responses guys.

The reference that Rynnik posted is the same one that I had seen earlier.

Thanks for responding and posting the link, Rynnik.

So after EE11, it seems that big bulk resources trades are going to be rather challenging to say the least.

Reminds me of an old sponsor for a western show in the 1960's that went something like 21 muletrain for borax or something!!!

Can't remember the show but may have been something about Death Valley.

Any possibility that the devs will show mercy on us and reconsider bumping up the weight to something less than 5 encumbrance, so bulk resource trades don't turn into a complete grindfest, or am I missing something here with bad math?
Doc
Use mules.
kes
The basic mule has an encumbrance of 1000 so it will be able to carry 200 bulk resources after the weight changes back to 5 for each bulk item.

So for a game like this, which encourages trade among settlements and to a certain degree actually requires trade among settlements for bulk resources, all I am suggesting is to make it reasonably feasible to do the bulk resources trade as opposed to turning it into a daunting chore.

I get the economy, trade, social aspects of the game but in my opinion we would be able to attract more players and have a better game experience if the future bulk trade mechanics didn't look so onerous.
Rynnik
kes
The basic mule has an encumbrance of 1000 so it will be able to carry 200 bulk resources after the weight changes back to 5 for each bulk item.

So for a game like this, which encourages trade among settlements and to a certain degree actually requires trade among settlements for bulk resources, all I am suggesting is to make it reasonably feasible to do the bulk resources trade as opposed to turning it into a daunting chore.

I get the economy, trade, social aspects of the game but in my opinion we would be able to attract more players and have a better game experience if the future bulk trade mechanics didn't look so onerous.
Don't forget it increases opportunities for player interaction as well and there needs to be room for the higher tier mules to matter as well so if you want to invest more resources you can get more capacity.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
I can see where you're coming from, and I appreciate that, but I disagree completely. What you're wanting will do the opposite, and reduce trade and make the game less interesting.

The real problem is, in my opinion, is trying to think one person should be doing all that, where in reality they should be working with a team, or split up the tasks, and do convoys of mules together or something. That would be more interesting than one person being able to manage and move all of that stuff by themselves - which if you think about it would probably remove the need for trade or social aspects.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post