Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bulk Resources Future Increased Weight

Brighthaven Leader
Dude, we have 12 dedicated people working on this a week, plus another 20 that help hauling several times a week.

I have never said I was doing it by myself, I don't want it to take 5 times longer is my issue, and my only issue.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Doc
I'm guessing that is what Medium and Large Mule saddlebags are to be used to offset that concern?
Brighthaven Leader
Medium doesn't offer much over Small, other than Keywords and Hitpoints.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Doc
What do you mean keywords? When I used mules I didn't see any keywords.

Better mules are supposed to carry more, are you saying they don't?
Brighthaven Leader
Yep, totally saying they don't carry more.

The ones we bought carried 1000 just like the normal ones but had more hp and Epow.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Cheatle for TEO
Dude, we have 12 dedicated people working on this a week, plus another 20 that help hauling several times a week.

I have never said I was doing it by myself, I don't want it to take 5 times longer is my issue, and my only issue.

Ditto, though proportionally smaller of course.

If you really think when we talk about this stuff we're literally just complaining as a personal grievance you aren't paying attention. I don't just represent myself in this stuff I represent all the people I work with which includes my settlement members and my alliance member settlements. We got logistics figured out, we're just pointing out that it's the equivalent of doing five kill 10 rat daily quests, a boring routine with no risk or challenge. Nor does anything GW has been talking about look to make the simple routine of moving resources a few hexes interesting or dangerous 99% of the time.

As things scale it's gonna get worse and worse, it doesn't suddenly become easier and they keep making changes to make it even more boring and slow. We'll do our best to make sure it gets done but we can't make people do things they don't wanna do and the game is already struggling to keep some people engaged, this type of stuff ain't helping. Maybe when we have hundreds of active players having random rotation of 30+ of them making one trip a day on the high end won't be a big deal, but we are very far from that right now.

You wanna move stuff across the map? Sure make it a nice long caravan run, that's equivalent to your freighter run in EVE. But we're arguing about the equivalent of running an industrial from every station to a home station in a system for an hour or two every few days by a dozen people. I think I argued it before, make that sort of person a boon to have not a requirement.

We're also side skirting the issue of security too, which is it's own can of worms.
Doc
The ones we bought carried 1000 just like the normal ones but had more hp and Epow.

Did you buy Small Armored Mule saddlebags or Medium Mule Saddlebags?

Because when you say normal, that makes me think of Armored vs. Non-armored, with small, medium, and large being "normal".

If you really think when we talk about this stuff we're literally just complaining as a personal grievance you aren't paying attention.

I'm paying very close attention. I just believe there is a lot of circular reasoning going on.

Have you considered reducing your settlement support level to an amount you can manage? Isn't that the intent of the system?

Based on the math here: https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/3348/ - 1 person with 1 small mule can carry a week's worth of support bulk resource for a settlement at level 15, with no speed penalties to their mule.

Is that an accurate assessment of that article, or am I reading it incorrectly? I want to make certain. ty
Brighthaven Leader
Bought Medium, just confirmed in PFU mumble too, Mediums only add HP/Defense, not encumbrance.

I think Duffy and I are talking about the resources that its going to take based on the spreadsheets, not current upkeep. Most people on the server seem to be saving up, which we are, and we are building towards the amount of resources that we will need per week and the DI we need.
Doc
We definitely need to submit a bug for that mule thing. Thank you for verifying.

Are you going off of the "Settlement Structures" tab in the PFO wiki spreadsheet?
Brighthaven Leader
Yea, the stuff Lee just updated.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post