Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bulk Resources Future Increased Weight

Doc
Only company leaders can deposit into settlement secure - only founding leaders can take out resources
This one is a big, unnecessary issue. Transporting some bulk could be delegated to people low in the hierarchy but the game prevents this.

Then they drop them in company secure or personal vault and arrange a date/time to transfer in front of the bank. Non issue.

Only officers in a company are able to take out resources from a holding
Again - it completely flies into the face of delegation - unless everyone becomes a leader/officer

If they are transporting the fruits of the company's holdings, they should be officers in my opinion. Non issue.

Heavy weight not only hurts getting the resources from holdings - it will stop long distance trade in it's track. I just got 4000 bulk goods from Forgeholm that I traded against some of our bulk goods. 4 (5? for transport back?) mules where needed for this. Mules are slow, get stuck, can't go down mountains - I guess it might have taken Forgeholm 1 hour one way. Now assume you need 40 mules (but each player can only use 1) and this trade will NEVER happen. Just not worthwhile. We are talking 40 men hour transport.

High level mules apparently don't provide more encumbrance carry. Bug in the game. Issue.

You should soon be able to take over settlements. Good luck to take one over and to revive the AGC. This could add some needed flavour / something more to the ghost settlements in the west. I hope you have already plans as it seems at least 2 other groups are already in the process to take over settlements.

I'm aware. The only one's captureable for EE11 are in my opinion in shitty locations.

The current one I've tried to get requires the owner to hand over, and they said they'd rather see it go poof as a big F.U. to me and PFO instead of let somebody make something useful out of it. So whatever.

An no AGC isn't coming back. I just want to mess around with the end-game gameplay for PFO while I still have the opportunity to do so.
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Gaskon

We can be self sufficient today, but it's looking like that is definitely not gonna be true in the long run based on the math we have available. There isn't enough hexes to be perfectly efficient and you will eventually start having issues with places for holdings that are nearby. I think it's actually a good plan, on the low end you can be self-sufficient, but as you grow it becomes harder and harder to do so.
Brighthaven Leader
@Rynnik

Considering that GW has already reduced the numbers twice (I think were around the half way mark) on where they wanted large settlements to be, I have to disagree with you. Although, to be perfectly clear, I have never advocated a maxed out settlement, the largest settlement I have even talked about was missing 3 medium slots and 2 small slots, and Brighthaven will be smaller than that. I have talked about a maxed out training settlement that has used around 9-12 of its building slots.

No one can do a maxed out 19 buildings (plus what ever they add later) to level 6.

If Brighthaven has a hard time managing 4 out of 6 Classes, with no crafting, and no consideration for future class and building additions you know something would be wrong. At this time, what we want to do with Brighthaven is attainable, and it isn't a maxed out settlement, its a settlement using 50% of its slots trying to minimize its durability loss (future slots will be for Paladins, Rangers, Deities).
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Ryan Dancey
Team is investigating the mule issue.
Bringslite
Ryan Dancey
Team is investigating the mule issue.

While that is ongoing, I would like to add a comment. A mule can be forced to "stop" with one fairly weak shot. I know that we can build mules with more armor. Can we build mules with more energy resist? Are they affected by other types of damaging magic (if there are any)?

After my mule is "stopped" with a single shot (which doesn't cause rep loss BTW), it takes what, 10 seconds to get him loyal again?

How long is 10 seconds in a PVP situation?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Rynnik
Cheatle for TEO
@Rynnik

Considering that GW has already reduced the numbers twice (I think were around the half way mark) on where they wanted large settlements to be, I have to disagree with you. Although, to be perfectly clear, I have never advocated a maxed out settlement, the largest settlement I have even talked about was missing 3 medium slots and 2 small slots, and Brighthaven will be smaller than that. I have talked about a maxed out training settlement that has used around 9-12 of its building slots.

No one can do a maxed out 19 buildings (plus what ever they add later) to level 6.

If Brighthaven has a hard time managing 4 out of 6 Classes, with no crafting, and no consideration for future class and building additions you know something would be wrong. At this time, what we want to do with Brighthaven is attainable, and it isn't a maxed out settlement, its a settlement using 50% of its slots trying to minimize its durability loss (future slots will be for Paladins, Rangers, Deities).
And if you can't attain that goal due to it requiring to much Logi work that is a good thing for the game. *shrug* I get your beef but what you want is bad for the game as the trend right now seems to be ask for everything to be lowered until it is trivial. Trivial is bad.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Are you of the opinion that if the game never grows beyond today's population they should lock away all the higher level stuff and say 'too bad'?

I'm all for scaling things up as time goes on and the population grows, but trivial is relative. Eventually even the high end numbers they originally posted can become trivial. Moving stuff for 4 hours (exaggeration) a day is the definition of trivial; a skill-less chore. This isn't hard by any stretch of the imagination, it's just time consuming and boring. Time != Hard
Doc
Are you of the opinion that if the game never grows beyond today's population they should lock away all the higher level stuff and say 'too bad'?

I dunno, I kinda feel that question is a non-starter. If the game never grows beyond this current population I'm pretty sure it will get shut down.

One could also make the argument that nerfing settlement requirements so current settlement owners can attain max training support could probably further discourage future players from giving the game a try - as they might "perceive" that they'll have no chance against such well established groups.

What's really at stake here if you can't handle the logisitics for level 20? You don't gain access to some Tier 3 stuff?

But if nobody else on the server is able to achieve that either, isn't parity maintained?
Rynnik
I am of the opinion that uncomfortable is a great state for a high end sandbox player. 80% (random number) should be in the range of easy game play that shouldn't take too long, or be too boring, or too hard, or too… something. Discomfort is a horrible thing in a game but a great 'pressure' mechanism to promote conflict and turn the wheels of player driven content.

Duffy Swiftshadow
Moving stuff for 4 hours (exaggeration) a day is the definition of trivial; a skill-less chore. This isn't hard by any stretch of the imagination, it's just time consuming and boring.
I would LOVE a 4 hour window that could be scouted, planned, assembled, and acted on by a group. But as you say it is an exaggeration and not at all nice for the group putting up with the tedium.

I've seen the numbers though to replicate a level 13 training settlement with roughly the range of training types we have now and even with 5 encumbrance per bulk good I am not convinced it is much of a burden. Beyond that seems like a reasonable arbitrary line to start turning up the screws on player pressure. I hate that we are still early enough in development that there aren't cooler, more fun ways to achieve things without the tedious aspect but we only have so many avenues right now and I would much rather have SOMETHING do it then play in a sandbox with high end achievement being a walk in the park for the world and community currently present.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Edam
5 encumbrance per bulk good is 200 per mule which is most likely a mule trip every other day per holding - or every day if you upgrade the outposts a bit.

Assuming you only have 10 holdings and they average out at 2 hexes away that's going to be roughly 20 return trips of half an hour each for 10 hours a day total mule time. Loading the mule at very least needs to be done by officers and leaders.

Thing is its probably not really going to even provide much in the way of meaningful PvP becasue really are you going to fight to save 200 Bulk Stone ?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post