Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bulk Resources Future Increased Weight

Giorgio
The recent Forgeholm-Emerald Lodge trade was a learning experience for all involved, details later when I get on my PC.

Cheatle, you math on time involved was spot on, I'm going to confirm the correct number shortly.

Thod, our next deal is going to be on different terms. (Grin)

Spoiler alert: the consensus of the players involved with the transportation (multiple mules with guards) = not fun.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Doc
It just makes NO economic sense. Current cost of 1 bulk good is in the area of 0.5 silver pieces. One mule loaded with 200 bulk goods would be 1 gp worth.

This amount isn't worth spending 10 man hours of guard duty. Ask yourself - can I give you 10 SP and you move a mule from EL to Forgeholm and back?

I'm pretty sure Goblin Works would consider that a cost of running a settlement that is a high level.

I'm not paying much more than that as the transport and guarding becomes more expensive as the good itself.

Then perhaps the pricing of bulk resources as you see it is not inline with their prospective intrinsic value?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, since so many groups in game avoided using the auction houses. THAT is why it makes no economic sense, because there is barely any semblance of an economy. People set up communist style settlements and then wonder why pricing is all over the place. It mirrors real life pretty well in my opinion.
Brighthaven Leader
Doc, have you gotten a huge group together to move a lot of resources from one place to another for hours on end? I have, and some people see it as doing a duty for the settlement, as helping any way as possible, so on and so forth, but its boring work.

When a group comes together to fight an escalation, some feel the same way, but a lot of people also feel like they are accomplishing something. That is the real difference here.

If you have X amount of time to play the game (even splitting the work among a lot of people), say the average play session, you want to feel like you have accomplished something.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Doc
Doc, have you gotten a huge group together to move a lot of resources from one place to another for hours on end? I have, and some people see it as doing a duty for the settlement, as helping any way as possible, so on and so forth, but its boring work.

I take on work for silver cons to move coal and other rawmats from the west to KB for the Xeilias crafters. I've also been in Xeilias mule trains to move stuff back and forth to KB as well. So, yes.

But that's besides the point. You're creating difficult conditions for you and your team entirely voluntarily. You're apparently moving thousands of resources that from what I can tell, you don't actually need right now. You might need them later, or you might not. Nobody is going to need Level 6 Structure or level 20 settlement support for quite a while, right?

Either way, just to let you know up front, respectfully, I'm never going to be in favor of game changes that I believe reduce the effect of meritocratic gameplay, and in my mind further entrench the existing settlement leadership and/or make the game move to a more casual experience.

I'm just one guy, and of course in the grand scheme my opinion doesn't matter, but this is a forum for these kinds of things, so I'll chime in and fight it every step of the way. I just figured I'd convey that in case you thought you might sway me - and to ensure you understand where I'm coming from and how I perceive these issues, whether rightly or wrongly.
Brighthaven Leader
Fair enough.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Decius
Thod-Theodum
@Doc
It just makes NO economic sense. Current cost of 1 bulk good is in the area of 0.5 silver pieces. One mule loaded with 200 bulk goods would be 1 gp worth.

This amount isn't worth spending 10 man hours of guard duty. Ask yourself - can I give you 10 SP and you move a mule from EL to Forgeholm and back? I'm not paying much more than that as the transport and guarding becomes more expensive as the good itself.

GW won't be able to funnel any PvP or banditry into the game UNLESS they stop production of certain bulk completely in certain areas. But then start with resources. Give the NW a 100% coal monopoly and you force trade. At the same time you might kill the game as it is a dangerous balance to get right.

Walking a caravan with protection is like protecting the towers - and we know that the war of towers didn't work. Do we have a war or mules or will it just be nobody will show up? My bet is on the latter.
Does that cost include delivery? I might consider large purchases if it does.
Edam
Thod-Theodum
Walking a caravan with protection is like protecting the towers - and we know that the war of towers didn't work. Do we have a war or mules or will it just be nobody will show up? My bet is on the latter.

Guarding is never going to be fun in a game unless you are baiting bandits deliberately but even then your main forces will be nearby in stealth.

The reason is obvious the sort of player that likes PvP usually gets bored silly standing around "just in case" someone attacks. The sort of player that finds that sort of thing "relaxing" (some people do believe it or not) are generally PvP adverse.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post