Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside Chat 7/29, Goblinworks Bob - Guest hosted by JOKKEN!

PFU Hoffman
I will be at Gencon, but Jokken was nice enough to offer to guest host the Keepside Chat with Goblinworks Bob, the man behind the monsters.

8pm Est
golarion.mumble.com port 3093

Post your questions for Bob here.

Thanks Jokken!
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Jokken
No problem, Hoffman! Let me start us off…

What is the progress report on monsters being affected by player created effects such as oblivious, stunned, knockdown, knockback, etc.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Ravenlute
Regarding Oblivious specifically, I find that it works quite well when using a Cantrip such as Concealing Mist but has absolutely no effect when using a Spell Expendable like Blindness-Deafness. Something seems broken there.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Daeglin
I can never tell if Oblivious is working, and I keep hitting mobs with 100 stacks of it.
*cough* combat log *cough*
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Red
How many monsters are in game now? What monsters are next? I'm looking forward to giant spiders, orcs, harpies, carrion crawlers, bears, and giant snakes.
Ravenlute
Daeglin
I can never tell if Oblivious is working, and I keep hitting mobs with 100 stacks of it.
*cough* combat log *cough*

I know, a combat log would be so helpful! I've tested this by standing in front of a mob, letting it hit me and tracking the damage for a bit, then using an ability and seeing if any debuffs appear on their health bar and change in damage done to me.

Speaking of, I am loving the new AoE change for the single fact that I will be able to cast Concealing Mist in a melee group, where it matters, and not debuff the hell out of my teammates. Yay!

Red
How many monsters are in game now? What monsters are next? I'm looking forward to giant spiders, orcs, harpies, carrion crawlers, bears, and giant snakes.

I believe Dark Elves are coming next but I'd love to know about what non-humanoid monsters are on the roster as well.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Jokken
To what degree do knowledge skills actually effect loot drops at this point in time?

What are your generally impressions coming out of the month long Nhur Athemon event?
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Giorgio
After 7 months of watching players engage in fighting escalations, what emergent gameplay have you noticed that was not expected?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Quijenoth Starkiller
quick question for those attending Gencon - is this a public meet at the convention centre broadcast on mumble that we might be able to attend?
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Jokken
It would be an honor to come to you live at Gen Con. "Make it so numbah one!"

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post