Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

What works and what doesn't

Locke
WHich osirins are useful and which not. secondary seem good once situations are achieved, but I do not seem to understand how to cause distressed,….
I tend to elemental, but some seem less effective against skeletons and undead.
Can Positive energy be used against undead as in table top.
Azure_Zero
You'd need to partner up with someone who can cause distressed, or learn a weapon and weapon skill that can cause distressed.

As for Channel Positive vs Undead, tech not in yet, it'll heal them.
Edam
There are no ways as a pure cleric to cause distressed.

Distressed can be created by many wizard cantrips and expendables, a large number of physical attacks and by many of the holdout weapon expendables. Click here for a list.
Baron Malthius
Icicle has a chance to cause distressed. Granted there are other classes that do it better but it is possible.
Edam
Baron Malthius
Icicle has a chance to cause distressed. Granted there are other classes that do it better but it is possible.

ooh … missed that one
Memory-High Priest of Desna
@Locke

the most commonly held opinion on using the Divine Focus is that it's generally not considered a primary offensive weapon. The majority of clerics are cleric-mixes of some sort or another, which actually works out really really well. However, i do know a few high-level pure clerics, and I know how to swing a focus around myself a bit, so here are some tips:

Touch of Darkness. Occult category. it's basically your only reliably damaging strike. It's melee range, so think of it as your facepunch. It's negative Damage, so don't use it on any skeletons or undead. However, that Negative Damage will cause it to cut through most Heavy Armor physical tanks really reliably. Good attack. It has a conditional effect of Oblivious 70 if the target is disrupted, which is a sizable debuff. that brings us to:

Lightning Arc. It's a smaller, weaker damaging strike that's in the elemental category, but works at range instead of melee. you can hit this from 20 meters away, and it costs significantly less stamina than Touch of Darkness, as well as hitting faster. It's also nonphysical damage, so should work well on heavy armored opponents. It, too, comes with a secondary effect: Dispelling if target is Unbalanced. (Dispelling causes Disrupted if you dispell any buffs from you opponent.) Which brings us to:

Bleeding Touch. Occult Category. This does zero damage, but causes a decent Bleed (30) which stacks up each time you use it. It also has a 50% chance to cause unbalanced. It's a decent moderately fast attack with not much Stamina Cost. so if you keep swatting the enemy with this one, you'll stack up lots of bleed until you manage to unbalance them. Then you hit them with Lightening Arc, which dispells them and causes Disrupted, then you smack them with Touch of Darkness. By this time they're hurting all over and if you keep smacking them they'll go down.

So it's Bleeding touch (as many times as needed), Lighting Arc, Touch of Darkness. that's your attack sequence. Alternatively, as you grow to higher levels, you can trade Touch of Darkness for Channel Smite. It also carries a bonus effect on Disrupted, but instead of just an Oblivious Debuff, it's a huge Base damage boost. on top of that, it's Holy Damage, so it works on skeletons and undead.

From there i'd fill my remaining slots with Minor Cure, Agile Feet, and something of your choice.

Anybody is free to disagree with this assessment, but i've seen some people fight with the Focus down here in Brighthaven, and this works.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Good tips Memory; but won't your epow suffer as you level up? You won't be able to match all of the keywords for all of those attacks on a single focus.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Edam
Dazyk of Phaeros
Good tips Memory; but won't your epow suffer as you level up? You won't be able to match all of the keywords for all of those attacks on a single focus.

For a T1 focus the mismatch has a noticeable effect.

For mismatched T2 orisons:
At T2+0 you lose no keywords matching one major and one minor.
At T2+1 you match a major and just one minor instead of two.
At T2+2 you match a major and two minor instead of three.
At T2+3 you lose two minor for no benefit over T2+2 when mismatched.

Its really not a big issue, especially at T2+2 the level most people currently train.

Basically if you are using a:
T2+2 focus, train everything to to Rank 4.
T2+3 focus, train your matching orisons to rank 5 and the mismatched ones to Rank 4.

Some of the better combos on focus cross over types. A good ranged example is dazing touch (occult) followed by a round or so of Holy Lance (elemental) which picks up 10 base damage when target is dazed.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
@ Edam

you're on target there. Your Epow won't be perfect, but it doesn't necessarily need to be. you select the focus that matches keywords on either your primary damage delivery or your primary heals (elemental). the rest only exist to set up states/complete the combo, which you can do effectively without noticing a somewhat imperfect Epow.

Wizards have a similar battle to fight.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Seraph
Strike of Sacred Strength also gives distressed if you have favored, which is easy to get from Ward of Withdrawn Favor or Divine Favor.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post