Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Version Notes

SDShannonS
Survival is fine as Wisdom. Dex has plenty of other things; it doesn't need another. Wisdom doesn't have enough so this helps tremendously.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, SP 1
32 GB RAM
Dual Crossfire'd AMD Radeon R9 200 video cards
Nihimon
Lee Hammock
… the next closest southern mountain range, the Northern Cragthorns…

It would be fantastic if y'all could share any other officially named regions.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Kitsune
Lee Hammock
Bluff: Helps you conceal flags like Criminal in a comparison to Sense Motive. The higher your Bluff, the shorter your Criminal flag is visible.

Freaking. Awesome.
TheGoodfellow
I like the idea of this thread, and the changes presented. Keep it up.

Side note: while I understand the idea of "skinning" possibly being a dex skill, the knowledge skill of survival (which essentially is a knowledge skill) is more than the actions within the skill, but more the know how. Knowing which planets to eat, how to create fire cave-man style, ect. This is more knowledge and such wisdom is better choice. Just my 2 cp on that subject.
Gog
I can now build a level 20 Iconographer in 28 weeks, 97.9% efficient. Only 2 domains, one channel energy type, no expendables.

What's the minimum skill to learn a +3, +4, or +5 recipe? I'll need to get 85 more achievements in order to reach 121, but I can do that with a bunch of T1 crafting across a dozen or so skills and unless the requirements are close to T2 levels it won't make a big difference in the end result.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Brighthaven Leader
Guurzak,

You can only learn as high as +3, there is a chance when refining +2/+3 items you get +4/+5 components. There are no recipes that contain +1-+5 for Crafting, its all based on components.

Also, while that is fairly fast, you would need a Smelter, Gemcuter, and Sage that high just to supply you with what you need. Although, you do get the benefit of crafting much faster at level 20. Also, we can't really use high end equipment until we have high end proficiency.

Or is this just an exercise in how fast you can level a skill?
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Gog
> There are no recipes that contain +1-+5 for Crafting, its all based on components.

Ah, this is the part I was missing. So in that case, assuming adequately skilled refiners supporting you, you just need to buy one rank each in enough different professions and you can get all the crafting achievements you need. One common and one uncommon recipe manufactured at +5, even just rank 1's, will give you 12 points of achievement; do that 7 times and you're golden with less than a day's worth of XP spent.

This is just an exercise in how fast you can level a skill; the devs asked for us to look for corner cases where training went much faster or slower than expectations. They indicated that they don't expect people to reach level 20 in a profession much in advance of people reaching 20 in a role, and I'm showing that that expectation does not match the training options available to a focused character.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
SDShannonS
Haven't seen any updates to this in a few days. Has anything more been added?
32 GB RAM
Stephen Cheney
Lee's plan to post them as we make them conflicted with my desire to hoard my patch notes until the last second in case I want to go back and tweak something that would require adjusting the note smile .
SDShannonS
*shakes fist*
Curse you, Stephen Cheney!
32 GB RAM

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post