Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Holdings and Outpost Warfare Blog

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Finally. Good info

Holding and Outpost Warfare
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Red
If all the Outposts in a Holding are overrun, the PvP window closes.

should be?

If all the Outposts AND THE Holding are overrun, the PvP window closes.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Maybe, but I don't think so. I think if you take all the outposts, the window closes and you can not take the main Holding until the next window, so you can't possibly do it all in one day.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Lisa Stevens
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Maybe, but I don't think so. I think if you take all the outposts, the window closes and you can not take the main Holding until the next window, so you can't possibly do it all in one day.

Correct. As soon as the outposts are overrun, the PVP window immediately closes, so the holding can't be attacked until the next day during the PVP window.

Red
@Cal I see what you are saying - and I think you're right. Maybe it would be correct and more clear this way: "If all the Outposts in a controlled hex are overrun…" I may just be a little dense here but I stumbled on the "Outposts in a Holding" construction. smile
Bringslite
It is good to see it all spelled out. I "insta like" some (maybe most) of these features. Some I will wait and see how they play out.

There are two mechanics that (without waiting to see) I DO NOT THINK WILL BE GOOD THINGS:

"In the hexes (and only in those hexes) controlled by the two companies during the PvP windows of those hexes, other companies in the same settlement as the two companies involved in the feud can also take part, killing their opponents without suffering Reputation loss. So members of your settlement can help you defend your holdings or aid in your attack against the enemy."

You have added yet more of an edge to the aggressor and definitely weakened the defenders. That is great if the only options that you want are that EVERY settlement needs to be very aggressive to be competitive or that settlements will need to be really good at politics, including possibly being submissive toward threats.

The next thing I don't like is that a feud is 100 influence for two days and that influence directly becomes an actual investment for the victorious at no risk to them. Influence goes into a holding for the victorious aggressor or back to his "available" if he is repelled until the feud ends. Am I getting that part right?

Where is the risk?

How about two kinds of feuds?

Minor Feud: Cost 50 influence for two days. Does not include holding or outpost capture. Just good old fashioned fighting. At the end, 40 influence (80%) is returned to your "available" pile.

Not all Companies will have Holdings, but all Companies should definitely be vulnerable to feuds.

Major Feud: Cost 100 influence for two days. This is about taking/wrecking any one or more holdings of the target Company. At the end, a victorious aggressor's stakes (100 influence) go into the captured Holding or if any single target's holdings are destroyed, back to his "available" pile. If the aggressor fails to take a holding during the allotted time, he loses all of that 100 influence.

There is some risk. ^^^
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Daeglin
How does that give an edge to the attacker? If I read it right, all it takes is one defender alive at a time within the capture area to prevent the accumulation of capture points. Thats a pretty good home defense advantage to start with, but having your settlement able to help whether you are defending or attacking seems equivalent to me. Am I missing something?

Re: The cost of feud in Influence. The point of feuding is supposed to be territory control, if you succeed it permanently "costs" you the feud influence. If you fail, you get a partial refund and can try again. Not seeing the problem that you are. Are you concerned it makes it too "easy" to attack someone?
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Brighthaven Leader
@Bringslite,

I think you make some good points. Playing the aggressor is much easier here than most goes, and seems to be the trend. Maybe guards will be better than we expect….I wonder if we get an active warning about feuds/attacks, but it seems like that isn't the case, looks like we will have to manually check…
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Brighthaven Leader
@Daeglin

I read it as one defender stops one attacker from gaining points.

Also, where does it say the cost is permanent? Also, if you fail, it only penalizes you 10%, personally I think that is way too low.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Phyllain
fter a number of guards are defeated (depending on the advancement level of the Outpost) the flames around the Outpost will switch to a red/orange color and a capture game will begin. During the capture game, when characters feuding the owner of the hex are inside the area of the Outpost and no members of the owner of the Hex are within that area points will be scored (1 point per 6 seconds per character up to 15 characters). If one or more characters from the Company that owns the hex are in the Outpost's area, point accumulation pauses. If ONLY characters from the controlling Company are in the area, points are subtracted.
If the attackers get to 1,000 points before the PvP window closes, the Outpost is overrun.

Defends don't need more help then this. I'm already prepping to deal with a steady stream of naked players "defending"

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post