Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Sorry, but this needs to be a priority

RexTerra
I'm a new player in your game. I've joined a solid alliance/guild. They've been super helpful.

But I hate leaning on people exclusively. I like to learn things on my own. And this game as it currently is makes this extremely difficult.

So I want to level my cleric. I find a cleric leveling guide. Apparently everything is interconnected, but I need to increase my wisdom score to 11. How do you increase your wisdom? Well, apparently you get percentage points of wisdom for training certain things. Literally a .026 here and a .012 there, a .09 for this, etc.

Who invented this stuff? I mean, really, who decided to come up with this system, where quite literally to progress you need to bookmark a vast array of 3rd party spreadsheets? In a lot of ways this is the most disorganized game I've EVER seen. There is absolutely nothing intuitive about what I'm doing.

Why am I bothering when so many else have not (logged in and quit)? Well, I have this sneaking suspicion that given the xp system and the massive mess the feat system is, people who learn the game inside and out will be OP beyond belief, which will allow for a lot of fun tormenting the noobs at some point. But that won't last, which will require fresh blood via F2P and/or nerfing and/or simplification.

People need to understand what they are doing, plain and simple.
Daeglin
When you say it needs to be a priority, do you mean the guides? Or simplifying the game design? Or changing how much wisdom various feats grant?

If you are playing primarily a single role, you can hit the gates without even thinking about it. If you are spreading across multiple roles, that's where the spreadsheet warriors will find their challenge. The design makes it easy for casual players IF they keep their character concept simple. It has extraordinary depth, challenge, frustration and fun for theorycrafters.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Drogon
Maybe they can add more tool tips to the trainers that on mouse over of each feat shows what ability scores are raised and by how much.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It is an unfortunate side effect of the decision to break players out of the "class" advancement mentality. The underlying point being that there is no gain from being a level 11 Cleric. It is nothing more than a label that says you have reached certain levels in certain feats and skills. It gains you nothing in game over a Cleric 10, or a Cleric 1. Those Class-level designations are purely labels, and the system doesn't care if you have them, so the developers are not concerned with making them easy to figure out. It's possible that the level 6 cleric actually makes a better group healer and combatant than the level 11 Cleric is, they just don't have the particular, unique, set of feats that gives them the "Cleric 11" achievement.

RexTerra
So I want to level my cleric.
You'll be a lot happier if you just don't worry about doing so. Get the feats and skills you want. The Cleric levels may, or may not, follow.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
RexTerra
See, that's the problem. If you have a game without classes, if you want to break the class mentality, stop making people pick a class at the start. If roles are completely decorative, stop dedicating huge swaths of the New Player Guide to how you "level up your role".

I now have read the aside where it says "this is completely optional btw".

But congratulations, in addition to having a whole bunch of arbitrary constructions for role advancement, I know now they are completely useless. Welcome to Pathfinder Online?

Lol.
Drogon
Well, they do make certain levels of each role gateways to train certain specialized feats and to be able to have higher ranks in most standard abilities and features that you slot.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
RexTerra
Drogon
Well, they do make certain levels of each role gateways to train certain specialized feats and to be able to have higher ranks in most standard abilities and features that you slot.

So the New Player Guide is wrong then? Haha, omg, I in RL choked on my pop after I read that.
Rynnik
You seem very angry Rex.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
RexTerra
Just frustrated. Game at the moment is a bit of a chore to play.
Doc
I was exactly where he is now almost 7 months ago, and had pretty much the same reaction. I just vented it over TeamSpeak rather than the forums, well at least initially. :p

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post