Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Sorry, but this needs to be a priority

Stilachio Thrax
I don't know if you have a TT background or not, but I have found my TT friends have had a very tough time wrapping their head around this system- they expect a cleric to do cleric things and wizards to do wizard things. They don't like that the role designations that mean everything in TT mean very little in PFO, or at least don't mean the same things.

I confess it can try my patience even after being here 6-7 months, and it irks me everytime I see a rogue or wizard Channel Positive Energy to heal themselves. In my opinion, the buffet table is too wide open, and many of the skills that were role exclusive in TT should have had much more stringent perquisites to prevent everyone one and their brother using them from the start. But that ship sailed, and I just deal with it.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Rynnik
Go play something else if learning things on your own is a deal breaker. I am much the same as you for liking to work it out but this a game really works off the community and as you say you already joined a group where all these answers are a question away. No judgement, we all have stuff that is important personally. The reasons why it is the way it is are complex, just like the game is. And for me at least it is part of why I am here. Walk if you want to, but I hope you don't, but no point sticking around if you find it frustrating at this level.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Stilachio Thrax
I confess it can try my patience even after being here 6-7 months, and it irks me everytime I see a rogue or wizard Channel Positive Energy to heal themselves.
That one is a side effect of letting us in so early. Eventually, many of these things will be tied to alignments or factions and people will lose access to some of their feats.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
RexTerra
Rynnik
Go play something else if learning things on your own is a deal breaker. I am much the same as you for liking to work it out but this a game really works off the community and as you say you already joined a group where all these answers are a question away. No judgement, we all have stuff that is important personally. The reasons why it is the way it is are complex, just like the game is. And for me at least it is part of why I am here. Walk if you want to, but I hope you don't, but no point sticking around if you find it frustrating at this level.

No one has convinced me that the game has one material attribute that requires this level of non-intuitive obfuscating design. It's fine, I've broken some of it, and I'll muddle my way through the next part. But a quick perusal of these forums and MMORPG forums made it clear to me that I'm not the 1st (or 100th) person to scream this from the rafters. smile
Edam
RexTerra
But congratulations, in addition to having a whole bunch of arbitrary constructions for role advancement, I know now they are completely useless. Welcome to Pathfinder Online?

Lol.

Not completely useless.

Advancing Domains requires Cleric levels.

Just to make things even more confusing smile

Rynnik
RexTerra
No one has convinced me that the game has one material attribute
Time.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Ok, without reading all the comments:

It's been said in more than one way but the gist is that all the vast array of what I like to call "deliciously complicated information" is not displayed on tool tips and has to be accessed via spreadsheet. This will change over time and the mechanics will become 100% transparent. Until then, you may choose to keep learning and keep banking that beautiful precious XP, or you may choose to come back later when more of that is in the game.

I recommend sticking with it. When the inner workings click, it all becomes totally intuitive, and you'll feel like a damn nuclear technician when you perfect your build.

Best of luck!
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
I will add after some thought that there's an issue of priorities too. If you want to just buy whatever feat to raise your attribute, it seems totally unintutive. However, if you're buying the feats you need to advance in the role you've chosen, the points come naturally. Sticking to your role makes it a lot easier. So much so that if you're enough of a purist you don't even really have to think much about raising your attribute because you'll always be ahead of the curve.

Rereading some of your responses it seems to me like you aspire to game the system and find creative ways to do things, but you're just not yet at that point with the knowledge. You'll get there. Hang tough.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Yrme
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Stilachio Thrax
I confess it can try my patience even after being here 6-7 months, and it irks me everytime I see a rogue or wizard Channel Positive Energy to heal themselves.
That one is a side effect of letting us in so early. Eventually, many of these things will be tied to alignments or factions and people will lose access to some of their feats.

I think that this is a key point. Because the game *will* change, and change again. The Devs could spend time to improve information in game, and then change it again as the game changes, and change it again. Frankly, it's likely not the best place to spend resources. Better to point us at a spreadsheet and say "Welcome to early enrollment. If you could look that up, we'll continue development."
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
RexTerra
I agree that it comes down to priorities. When the game is below critical mass retention new/fresh bodies supercede all other considerations…the coolest game in the world with nobody playing it isn't going to cut it.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post