Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Sorry, but this needs to be a priority

Stilachio Thrax
Rynnik
RexTerra
you HAVE to have a system of internal documentation that is easily exportable and shareable to the community in real time.

That, or you need to massively simplify the game.
Wrong in both cases.

I sort of appreciate GW leaning on the community to fill those gaps and isn't tough to see how the community is stepping up with things like PFU and goblinary. As always though the best resource ever is asking players who already know!

This is something that newer MMOs have conditioned players to expect- that everything is easily found in in-game documentation or systems are simplified enough that they don't need any explanation.

Very few new MMO players would have lasted a day as a crafter in Star Wars Galaxies, where external resource databases were required to keep track of the thousands of generated resources and their quality. Or logging in every play session to spaceloot.com to compare your space equipment drops to distribution curves to see what percentile the stats fell into (and consequently whether or not the loot was worth keeping, and what reverse engineering projects it would be useful for).
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Andas
Rynnik
Go play something else if learning things on your own is a deal breaker. I am much the same as you for liking to work it out but this a game really works off the community and as you say you already joined a group where all these answers are a question away. No judgement, we all have stuff that is important personally. The reasons why it is the way it is are complex, just like the game is. And for me at least it is part of why I am here. Walk if you want to, but I hope you don't, but no point sticking around if you find it frustrating at this level.

I don't know if telling someone to go play something else when they are a little frustrated is ideal with PFO in its current reported shape. If you think the server has enough people then I apologize smile
Dreaden
The new player experience definitely needs a ton of work. No way the current population can keep the lights on.
Rynnik
Andas
Rynnik
Go play something else if learning things on your own is a deal breaker. I am much the same as you for liking to work it out but this a game really works off the community and as you say you already joined a group where all these answers are a question away. No judgement, we all have stuff that is important personally. The reasons why it is the way it is are complex, just like the game is. And for me at least it is part of why I am here. Walk if you want to, but I hope you don't, but no point sticking around if you find it frustrating at this level.

I don't know if telling someone to go play something else when they are a little frustrated is ideal with PFO in its current reported shape. If you think the server has enough people then I apologize smile
This isn't the sort of game that will court every player. It will grow with time and further iteration. Not worried.

Games that try to cater to every potential player universally suck.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
RexTerra

RexTerra
you HAVE to have a system of internal documentation that is easily exportable and shareable to the community in real time.

Wrong in both cases.

I sort of appreciate GW leaning on the community to fill those gaps and isn't tough to see how the community is stepping up with things like PFU and goblinary. As always though the best resource ever is asking players who already know!

I appreciate that you might think differently: care to operationalize wrong/right with me? I'll bet one or the other will happen, and if not, a rather dire outcome. Yay/nay?

As it stands, for a lot of this stuff, not a lot of people do know. But that's a problem for another day…
Rynnik
RexTerra
I appreciate that you might think differently: care to operationalize wrong/right with me? I'll bet one or the other will happen, and if not, a rather dire outcome. Yay/nay?

As it stands, for a lot of this stuff, not a lot of people do know. But that's a problem for another day…
You know I have, like, an example, and like, stuff, all lined up right?

I know.
RexTerra
Stilachio Thrax
Rynnik
RexTerra

Wrong in both cases.

This is something that newer MMOs have conditioned players to expect- that everything is easily found in in-game documentation or systems are simplified enough that they don't need any explanation.

Very few new MMO players would have lasted a day as a crafter in Star Wars Galaxies, where external resource databases were required to keep track of the thousands of generated resources and their quality. Or logging in every play session to spaceloot.com to compare your space equipment drops to distribution curves to see what percentile the stats fell into (and consequently whether or not the loot was worth keeping, and what reverse engineering projects it would be useful for).

I was baptized in old school MMOs: Asheron's Call DT, Anarchy Online, Final Fantasy XI. In each of those games, what something did was available in-game. I'm not asking for comparative tools or in-game cross referencing…I'm asking for the simple ability to know what a feat does for me and how it contributes to my overall character profile.
Rynnik
RexTerra
Stilachio Thrax
Rynnik
RexTerra

Wrong in both cases.

I was baptized in old school MMOs: Asheron's Call DT, Anarchy Online, Final Fantasy XI. In each of those games, what something did was available in-game. I'm not asking for comparative tools or in-game cross referencing…I'm asking for the simple ability to know what a feat does for me and how it contributes to my overall character profile.
Not an EVE vet I see. Shame.
Edam
Eve is actually moving away from, its hardcore "spreadsheets in space" roots and providing more in game tools now. The unfortunately named ISIS ship database for example (not that I ever use it).
Rynnik
Edam
Eve is actually moving away from, its hardcore "spreadsheets in space" roots and providing more in game tools now. The unfortunately named ISIS ship database for example (not that I ever use it).
It is. You are completely correct.

It's population is also starting to fall after 11 straight years of growth. Unrelated but interesting nonetheless.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post