Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Refined bulk goods

Fanndis Goldbraid
The auction house has slots for bulk goods, and refined bulk goods. I have had some disappointments so far with the ingredients for holdings and outposts, as they seem to require a very small amount of resources to build some pretty large structures. While I would not relish the thought of the labor needed to haul 1500 emcumbrance of wood and stone to a remote site to build something, I do think there should be a somewhat more intricate system for construction of buildings.

A recipe is fine. It is not very realistic or interesting, and the recipe drops overall are ridiculously too common (mentioned on the recent survey GW did). But there are some ways to make things like a Stonemason or Carpenter building a structure way more interesting, and refined bulk goods seem like the way to go. I hope this is close to what is currently imagined…

A Stonemason can not only build the final structure with the appropriate "parts:, but can craft the parts. "Parts" for a Stonemason would include, for example, small stone blocks, medium stone blocks, large stone, huge stone blocks, a variety of columns, cornerstones, keystones, grinding wheels, portcullis weights, and numerous type of unusual stonework to use for settlement defense for battlements, parapets, murder holes and boiling oil channels. Decorative stonework would include gargoyles and grotesques, fountains, headstones, waypoints, road markers, etc…

Carpentry would have a similar variety of required refined and crafted wood pieces including beams and timbers of a variety of sizes, door and window panes, trusses, ladders and stairways of various types, railings, cabinetry, barrels, wood wagon parts (so wainwrights/cartwrights can use them to craft wagons in later patches)…

Short version…make the future crafting systems robust and interesting, and have other uses for bulk goods. Great for trade, and keeps the bulk resources in demand.
Decius
Unless customized buildings become a thing, having lots of refined materials like you describe seems like it just adds a busywork step.
Edam
Decius
Unless customized buildings become a thing, having lots of refined materials like you describe seems like it just adds a busywork step.

Edam wants the option for Gothic buttresses, Minarets and stained glass on his Cathedrals.
Schedim
(Due to boredom and catching up on stuff I have missed I hereby commits the crime of threadnecromancy)

I want sticks and stones to my scrapheap shrine of Hanspur.

Seriously tho, I wanted to ask about how the holdings sytem is … well, holding up. Not from the PvP/feud angle, as it has been gone over (at length) in other threads, but from the settlement support angle. When the bulk surplus that has built up begins to dwindle, is there enough holdings/outposts as it is now or will many more be needed?
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
Schedim
(Due to boredom and catching up on stuff I have missed I hereby commits the crime of threadnecromancy)

I want sticks and stones to my scrapheap shrine of Hanspur.

Seriously tho, I wanted to ask about how the holdings sytem is … well, holding up. Not from the PvP/feud angle, as it has been gone over (at length) in other threads, but from the settlement support angle. When the bulk surplus that has built up begins to dwindle, is there enough holdings/outposts as it is now or will many more be needed?

The system, as of right now, is almost impossible to fail at within any timeframe that is reasonable. Pretty sure that they are aware of that. I would not expect to see very much effort on adding mechanics right now as they are seeking investors who may or may not want to change things. They have said, and I think it is a wise move, that they would probably concentrate on improving what is in now but highly annoying to players. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Schedim
I guessed so, but before we know if we get Ponyfinder or Golarion: the Themepark or something completeley different, I guess it is no idea to make any plans.

The reason I asked what because I tries to decide what I should make of my idea to a company, and to begin to prepare for recruting and setting up funds for get a holding together …. Or quit the whole idea and and just join any company that whats to have me…

Or just go solo permanently…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Giorgio
Schedim,

That any many of your questions across MULTIPLE threads has the same response: We don't know until the future of this game is confirmed (new investors) or not (it closes). So more wait and see… smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Schedim
I stand corrected and get the STFU.

And here I thought I added some new angels besides the ever present Murderhobo/Carebear discussion. But if that is how you feel …
Bringslite
Your fine Schedim. I really enjoy reading your stuff as it is non poisonous. Glad that you are back and kicking this form/game into stirring around ideas again.

P.S I really would like to see bulk used more for building and less for maintaining as well.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Giorgio
Schedim
I stand corrected and get the STFU.

And here I thought I added some new angels besides the ever present Murderhobo/Carebear discussion. But if that is how you feel …

How on earth do you correlate what I wrote with a "STFU"? Where do I dismiss your viewpoints or indicate that you cant express yourself/try to shut you down????
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post