Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Implementation of Temple Deities

kes
Will Temple Deities be implemented in EE 11 or sometime later and if later, then does anyone please have an approximate timeline?

When implementation occurs, it is my understanding that if we are using a feature domain that is not supported in our settlement, then we will not get all or some of the benefits of that feature domain.

Is my understanding of the proposed implementation correct or am I out to lunch?
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Not quite correct.

It has to do with training. For example: a temple of Desna provides all the cleric role training that is unaligned, as well as the Desna specific domains and attacks. Once you decide to commit to that deity, you will be unable to train attacks or features aligned to another deity ( such as Gorum or Sarenrae ) if you have already trained feats that are aligned with a different deity, you will be unable to use them.

However, if you've chosen Desna as your deity and your settlement has no Desna specific facilities, you will not lose support for that training, it just means you have to use the training facilities at another settlement that does have them.

As for the timeline of implementation: there is no specific eta announced at this time. It has not been announced for ee11
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
kes
Thanks Memory for the quick response.

Appreciate it!!!
Stephen Cheney
Yes, the plan is to have the temples and cathedrals support the domains, deity weapon attacks, and channels for the deities that they represent, and not the others. It will still be a while before we have the faction system in, but, for example, for EE11 if you have a Temple of Iomedae, it should only train Sun Domain and Glory Domain (none of the other domains), the divine weapon attacks for Longsword (so not the Sarenrae-specific scimitar attacks, or attacks for other weapons), and Channel Positive Energy (not Channel Negative Energy).
Fanndis Goldbraid
Stephen,

Is this correctly stated? Forgeholm will be building temples to and worshiping Torag and Abadar. (I know Torag is not in cycle one, and might not make cycle two). We are considering not building anything for Torag, since he will be in later, or perhaps build a "placeholder". The placeholder is problematic though, as it would cause us to train skills we won't be able to use later. Memory mentioned Desna being a "catch all" deity, which sounds tempting but she is CG which won't work for Forgeholm. Neither will Saranea since she is NG, and two steps from our declared settlement alignment of LN.

I guess the biggest problem is we must build the temple/cathedral for the specific deity from the ground up (requiring the plans, of course), so building temple A and worshiping god B is a non-starter. Right?
Fanndis Goldbraid
Memory mentioned Desna being a "catch all" deity, which sounds tempting

first: what do you mean by this? I don't remember saying she was any sort of Catch-all. her attacks and domains are as specific to her as they are to any other deity.

Fanndis Goldbraid
but she is CG which won't work for Forgeholm.

second: Desna works for every settlement, but she respects your right to worship the wrong deity :-p
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Ravenlute
The problem might be when you said "a temple of Desna provides all the cleric seminary training that is unaligned" which is untrue. The Seminary is a separate structure from a Temple, both of which are medium structures. A Cathedral is a large structure which will combine the training offered by a Seminary and Temple into one structure as well as adding in specific training for two additional deities.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Edam
Ravenlute
The problem might be when you said "a temple of Desna provides all the cleric seminary training that is unaligned" which is untrue. The Seminary is a separate structure from a Temple, both of which are medium structures. A Cathedral is a large structure which will combine the training offered by a Seminary and Temple into one structure as well as adding in specific training for two additional deities.

Yep a Cathedral as a large structure seems to do the job of roughly 4 medium structures.
ah, you're right. the Seminary trains your Orisons and such, while the Temple takes care of the rest similar to Dreadnaught/Fighter College respectively. edited

Lee Hammock
Fanndis Goldbraid
Stephen,

Is this correctly stated? Forgeholm will be building temples to and worshiping Torag and Abadar. (I know Torag is not in cycle one, and might not make cycle two). We are considering not building anything for Torag, since he will be in later, or perhaps build a "placeholder". The placeholder is problematic though, as it would cause us to train skills we won't be able to use later. Memory mentioned Desna being a "catch all" deity, which sounds tempting but she is CG which won't work for Forgeholm. Neither will Saranea since she is NG, and two steps from our declared settlement alignment of LN.

I guess the biggest problem is we must build the temple/cathedral for the specific deity from the ground up (requiring the plans, of course), so building temple A and worshiping god B is a non-starter. Right?

Unfortunately with the introduction of new future options being so nebulous in terms of schedule and such I think your best bet would be try and leave and open slot for a temple of Torag (or at least a medium slot you don't care about tearing down later) or build a temple of Abadar in the hopes there is some manner of Abadar/Torag cathedral when Torag is introduced. The first plan is probably a better option.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post