Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Implementation of Temple Deities

Drogon
So could a Greatsword user who trains up Glory domain and chooses Iomedae still use Greatsword attacks that are not assigned to a specific weapon or diety? Like for example Channel smite?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Stephen Cheney
Reply hazy, ask again later.

That is, I'm not sure how the divine attacks will wind up getting categorized when we have tech to keep you from slotting feats for which you no longer match the required faction or alignment. In general, I'd advise not building your cleric around a weapon that isn't the favored weapon of the deity you plan to worship. Putting Channel Smite and Channel Force on all the weapons with deity attacks was about making sure it was available on whichever deity weapon you happen to use, not about creating something that you could use on a deity weapon that isn't yours.
Caius
Thank you Stephen.

What I would like is that one must have Religion specific domain (Cleric, Paladin, Druid, ???) feature to used the God specific weapon feats. ANy character can train knife, but only those who have Desna domains (Travel or Luck) can use star knife. To learn the background on those god affiliated weapons, characters may need to train some lower levels of rogue or fighter, but, …. I understand there may be feats/spells specific to a god or groups of gods. I would expect that there would be a check that domain was appropriate for the god. I understand that these are currently linked to glove or boot, I request that that be reconsidered for clerks abilities which are being misused.

Likewise, to use Channel Positive/Negative, the domain must be slotted. And once one is (+/-) is learned past some level (maybe even 1, the other can not be trained (Alternate, can train both but one one is used the other can not be used, even if character changes alignment). I would like to see alignment restrictions on use of channel.

These two would solve some of the concerns about every character channelling positive and casting cures.

These things may be a long time coming as there are a lot of gates to create and test. I do understand.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Caius
Thank you Stephen.
I understand there may be feats/spells specific to a god or groups of gods. I would expect that there would be a check that domain was appropriate for the god.

Not to worry. the way the Deity-aligned attack feats work, the appropriate Domain is already a training Prereq. meaning, if i haven't trained Travel/Luck Domain high enough, i can't train Desna attacks. When alignment comes in, you will only be able to train/slot the domain that you're aligned with. this takes care of any possible cross-deity shenanigans.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Doc
What is the difference between cleric special attacks that are labeled as "Divine faction" and those that are "Gorum faction", etc.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Doc: it seems to me like they created the "divine faction" stuff so that there could be some overlap between deities with similar weapons while those specialized weapons were being developed. for instance, Iomede attacks work on Longswords, Sarenrae attacks work on Scimitars, and Divine faction attacks work on both Longswords and Scimitars.

seems like anyway.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Stephen Cheney
Yep. Each deity gets three specific-weapon attacks and four weapon-category ones* (which are meant to be available to all deities that use that category of weapon). The four one-handed sword attacks go with either Iomedae's longsword attacks or Sarenrae's scimitar attacks, the four two-handed sword attacks go with either Lamashtu's falchion attacks or Gorum's greatsword attacks, etc. I'm not totally sure how we'll set those up once we have factional/alignment slotting limits, but ideally you'll be able to slot them if you follow any deity that has a favored weapon of that category.

* There are five that aren't enabled yet because they're waiting on buffs that aren't implemented or the ability to target Undead as a conditional, so not all weapons have the full range of seven just yet.
Doc
Ok thank you for clarifying.
Tyncale
Stephen Cheney
Yep. Each deity gets three specific-weapon attacks and four weapon-category ones* (which are meant to be available to all deities that use that category of weapon). The four one-handed sword attacks go with either Iomedae's longsword attacks or Sarenrae's scimitar attacks, the four two-handed sword attacks go with either Lamashtu's falchion attacks or Gorum's greatsword attacks, etc. I'm not totally sure how we'll set those up once we have factional/alignment slotting limits, but ideally you'll be able to slot them if you follow any deity that has a favored weapon of that category.

* There are five that aren't enabled yet because they're waiting on buffs that aren't implemented or the ability to target Undead as a conditional, so not all weapons have the full range of seven just yet.

Stephen, I am still unsure about what "following" a Deity means. Is this something you choose per character, but furthermore unrelated to the kind of clerical training your own Settlement offers? Can we only follow one Deity?

For instance, I would like to wield a scimitar one day and more specifically would want to train Firewhirl. I was told I will need to follow Sarenrae for this, however my settlement will only have a Cathedral of Efficiency which supports training for Asmodeus, Norgorber and Abadar. So these will not offer Firewhirl training.

Can I train this in an allied city that does have support for Sarenrae, and then slot it?

However, my settlement will be Lawful Neutral. Does this influence my choice of Deity, or do I get to choose my own alignment (which can be one step from the Settlements LN I think) and then my Deity can be one step removed at most from that?

So;
My Settlement = LN
My Character = TN
My Deity = NG (which covers Sarenrae).

Am I good to go on training Firewhirl, living in a LN Settlement with only a Cathedral of Efficiency, as long as I manage to get my actual training elsewhere? And follow Sarenrae, off course.

Edit: I just noticed another post about deity factions which explained a little more. Still want to be sure that following a Deity does not equal "must have building of that Deity in your settlement".
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Azure_Zero
I believe your good, Tyncale.
As you only one step away from the deity.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post