Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

delete

Stilachio Thrax
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
This is why I rarely use General Chat, rarely read General Chat, rarely take General Chat seriously.

+1.

As with virtually every MMO out there, General Chat is a waste of bandwith.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Duffy Swiftshadow
But but I use general chat for pretty solid and legit conversation regularly…
Stilachio Thrax
Duffy Swiftshadow
But but I use general chat for pretty solid and legit conversation regularly…

As with most things, all it takes is one or two bad apples. I'm well aware that the majority of people using General Chat aren't the problem, but the few idiots trolling, the posturing and recruitment messages gets tiring and its meager usefulness to me does nothing to counterattack the negative. So I tab off of it almost immediately. Settlement and Company chat, combined with a dedicated recruitment channel would be far more useful.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Tyrone
You kids are mad.
GET DUNKED ON
-GPS-
Bringslite
Mad? No. Cognizant of where most MMO general chats end up going? Yeah.

When games start getting populated with players that need constant attention to feel good, chat channels start to lose their usefulness. They get cluttered with BS.

They get watched by fewer and fewer players.

<shrug>
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Daeglin
Maybe he meant mad like, "You crazy, bro".
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Oh you can't help that, we're all mad here!
Decius
RexTerra
Doc
Or maybe Ryan was just joking, heh

Been doing the net/online games/online forums for over 20 years now. I'm a proficient troll, and I would like to think I can demarcate friendly joking vs. "I'm the boss, shut it or I'll ban you, clear?"

It was clearly the latter. Which is cool, I shut up. But don't then come onto your forums and pretend you are this consistently objective arbitrator who has thick skin and takes the equivalent of "judicial notice" when someone pokes them.
So, you were trolling (proficiently or not, I'm not going to dispute you there), and got told to stop trolling on threat of sanction? Sounds like a normal application of policy to me.
MidknightDiamond
Offer withdrawn since he attacked and killed me at, and tried to crash, yet another PFU event.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Zycor
Sry was bored. <3

Tyrone was doing his own thang. I told him to be nice.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post