Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

delete

Bringslite
P.S. I think that ;people giving you holding and outpost kits isn't good for you. Not because I think it is bad to be generous. Because you need to take some time between killing sprees and do it yourself. Two reasons for that:
1) You will learn the value of holding and outpost kits by doing the work yourself.
2) You need to stay out of killing to regen some reputation. You need to be able to train.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Thod-Theodum
@heroguides
I heard someone from PFU wanted to help you with holdings to claim a settlement. All you then need is bulk goods. A rank 10 is VERY cheap. Happy to give a helping hand and supply 100 of each as you missed out collecting.
This comes for free. EL is a neutral settlement - we make deals with evil (Golgotha), good (Brighthaven) and don't discriminate chaos.
Enough for 14 weeks at rank 10 or 8 weeks at rank 11. Best to contact me via PM on the paizo board (there is also my e-mail in my profile). I will be difficult to reach the next two weekends (RL) - so don't expect immidiate answers.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
P.S. I think that ;people giving you holding and outpost kits isn't good for you. Not because I think it is bad to be generous. Because you need to take some time between killing sprees and do it yourself. Two reasons for that:
1) You will learn the value of holding and outpost kits by doing the work yourself.
2) You need to stay out of killing to regen some reputation. You need to be able to train.

It is actually not a good idea, because there is nothing that he can do with them without company influence. Is it possible for a company to accumulate influence while being outside of the settlement system?

I don't think any of us know that because none of us had to deal with trying to put down holdings without a player settlement we belonged to already.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Zycor
smile
If it's coded into the game, like in PFOs case a half-worked pvp system. I'm going to use it to have fun. For me pvp fun is attacking players when they are farming and stealing their stuff. This isn't griefing. If someone complains about it to me maybe i'll shoot them some of their loot back. If they are a hater, I probably won't.
Doc
@heroguides,

You need to recognize that most of the people in this thread have never and will never attempt to do what you're trying to do in game. Feel free to whisper me in game or find me when I'm on various teamspeak servers to get some advice or discuss game mechanics/meta expectations, etc.
Zycor
Doc
@heroguides,

You need to recognize that most of the people in this thread have never and will never attempt to do what you're trying to do in game. Feel free to whisper me in game or find me when I'm on various teamspeak servers to get some advice or discuss game mechanics/meta expectations, etc.
I use the PFO golorian mumble.
Ravenlute
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
It is actually not a good idea, because there is nothing that he can do with them without company influence. Is it possible for a company to accumulate influence while being outside of the settlement system?

I don't think any of us know that because none of us had to deal with trying to put down holdings without a player settlement we belonged to already.

Not true. Holdings and Outposts were designed to be used and managed by Companies without regard to Settlement membership. In fact, the most common reason for upgrading a Holding is to make use of the training it provides to those Companies not part of a Settlement. Influence is a Company resource. Perhaps you are thinking of Development Index?
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
MidknightDiamond
@Bringslight

Normally, I might agree with you, but given that the holding and outpost recipes are all T2 and being outside a settlement right now means that not only cannot you not get training but even if you had that training, you wouldn't have the support to be able to craft them. If Factions were in, the story would be different but they aren't and we have no ETA on them. He has the gold, he could buy them on his own and he will have to buy the others. My offer is a gesture of goodwill.

It was a PFU Event he crashed, there were PFU Faculty (among others) he killed. I think it only fair that someone in PFU, even if I'm not speaking for the University or on behalf of the University, be willing to extend a hand across the aisle.

@Tyv

Yes, it is possible for a company not attached to a settlement to gain influence. We did it for Tigari's Gladitorial Games companies, and the Devs expect people to do it to take over settlements in the future. He's already started gaining influence and while it may be a tough road, and a long road. He can and will do it if he really wants to and I think it could be a really good thing for this game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall - yes, this may blow up in my face but I feel it's the right thing to do.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite

It's not possible yet. I think that they are going with the assumption that the new company can get one of the abandoned settlements. Ironically, you need a company with enough influence to surround the settlement (core six) and starve it for 5 days, but you can't do that because an unsponsored company can't earn or use influence. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Zycor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2WWN1mq890

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post