Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

delete

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
P.S. I think that ;people giving you holding and outpost kits isn't good for you. Not because I think it is bad to be generous. Because you need to take some time between killing sprees and do it yourself. Two reasons for that:
1) You will learn the value of holding and outpost kits by doing the work yourself.
2) You need to stay out of killing to regen some reputation. You need to be able to train.

It is actually not a good idea, because there is nothing that he can do with them without company influence. Is it possible for a company to accumulate influence while being outside of the settlement system?

I don't think any of us know that because none of us had to deal with trying to put down holdings without a player settlement we belonged to already.

It's not possible yet. I think that they are going with the assumption that the new company can get one of the abandoned settlements. Ironically, you need a company with enough influence to surround the settlement (core six) and starve it for 5 days, but you can't do that because an unsponsored company can't earn or use influence. smile

This is what I thought, there seems to be a road block for an unsponsored company to accumulate and then spend the 600 influence needed to place 6 holdings down. Then from what I understand, even if they did that, Ryan then emails the "owner" of the settlement (in the event of an "abandoned" one, and asks if they are willing to transfer it over?

I see a lot of issues with this. On many occasions Ryan and others have said, if you are not happy with where the game is at this time, sub back in later. Companies that have won their settlements in the Land Rush, may be waiting for that time when the game meets their "MVP" but have the expectation that the settlement they won will be there for them.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
MidknightDiamond
I'm really not sure why you think that a company that isn't attached to a settlement can't earn influence. I just spent days with Tansy Leaf Cartel along with others and we earned over 100 influence so Tig can use it to feud for his games on Friday. Xanne said his new company earned influence today. Thus, it can be done.
There you go, see… no settlement and influence earned.

http://i.imgur.com/8sDcl21.jpg?1
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Bringslite
MidknightDiamond
I'm really not sure why you think that a company that isn't attached to a settlement can't earn influence. I just spent days with Tansy Leaf Cartel along with others and we earned over 100 influence so Tig can use it to feud for his games on Friday. Xanne said his new company earned influence today. Thus, it can be done.

Thank you for showing me this. I suppose that I misunderstood Ryan's last answer or he misunderstood my question. Perhaps it was just that there isn't any way (yet) for an unsponsored company to "place" a holding.

Perhaps I am wrong on all counts. I hope so. I think that this kind of stuff would be a real draw for people looking at the game. Nothing quite draws like a game wherein you can set up your own place.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
MidknightDiamond

Thank you for clearing that up. As I said, many of us, including myself, ever had to do it. I was already in a sponsored company when the influence system was introduced, I would imagine many of us were.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
heroguides
After falling victim to it. I leveled my poisoning up and started drooping tainted food (that I leveled my poisoning on) on the ground in the noob area. You'd be surprised how much fun it is watching something like that. Eventually, I was the guy placing the booby-trapped boxes, watching in stealth while noobs opened them and killed over.
One of the issues you face is that most of the community defines that as griefing, and the devs have taken a hands off approach on any overt rules that might drive customers away, so our definition stands. The vast majority of us have a low tolerance for people killing without expectation of gain.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
heroguides
I like Ryan and Lisa and the devs here. I doubt they like me.
That's possible, but I hope they don't dislike you. Many of us mistake disliking someone's opinions, attitudes, and methods, for disliking them personally. There is no-one here that I dislike. I don't even dislike Andius, I just think he's immature and has some really unfortunate opinions and beliefs, and a terrible way of getting his points across. I dislike the way you choose to make certain points, and now the way you find your fun in some games, but not having met you, I feel not the slightest dislike for you as a person. That doesn't mean I have to like you. There are around 8 billion people on earth that I don't like, because I don't know them.

I'm in my fifties, and there are exactly six people I dislike, only two of whom I haven't met in person. They are both politician who have had identifiable and measurable negative effects on my friends and home, one over 25 years ago, the other much more recently.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
I'd like to make a few things clear.

Devs play in every MMO on the live servers. Don't kid yourself. They all do. There is no other way to really understand the current state of the game than to do it. I've never, in more than 8 years in the MMO industry, found a dev team that doesn't play their own game.

We have written policies which tell our staff what they can and cannot do in game and those policies are designed to limit the concern paying customers should have about the developers being in the game. Those policies include strict prohibitions against using GM tools for any purpose other than approved customer service. Violating those policies is a termination-level offense.

Our GM and Tester characters are audited. We know what they do and who they do it to. The non-GM non-Tester characters we play with don't have any GM powers; they are exactly identical to the accounts you have.

We don't consider anyone in the Bloodstone Swords to be "off limits to PvP". In fact, we'd be happy to PvP with you since that's one of the systems we need to be playing to understand.

You all might be interested to know that since we started live operations in January, we've banned just 3 accounts. All 3 were banned for repeatedly violating specific terms of service (not just "being jerks" ), and all three violations involved the use of excessive profanity, threats, and content inappropriate for our game and community, not actual in-game actions. So far, all the people I've warned about killing noobies or otherwise taking actions that were harmful to the game have altered their behavior to comply with my requests.
Decius
To clarify: PFU policy is not Goblinworks policy. You won't get any GW sanction, warning, or even notice if you break PFU policy, unless/i] you also break a Goblinworks policy.

Killing the dean during a class might make you persona non grata to the University and their friends, but it won't get your account suspended.
Bringslite
Only two ways to find out. Try it yourself or ask a Dev. Let's attempt the easy way first.

Ryan Dancey 7/22/2015
Companies are the subatomic particles of Settlements. They can exist as stand-alone entities but there's no upside to that right now other than "I bend the kneee to no one".

If a Settlement gets physically destroyed and loses cohesion its constituent Companies will seek a new configuration; either in conjunction with or without all or some their previous peers. Settlements will work hard to recruit Companies which will add to their resources and power levels. Inducing a Company to switch sides in a war will be extremely significant.

Companies are also the points of fracture within a Settlement. If a group finds its objectives and methods are causing friction with other Companies, that Company might opt to leave and seek better accommodations elsewhere, or the Settlement might opt to kick that Company out to protect the rest of the community.

Once separate from a Settlement a Company probably has a limited lifespan. It needs to find a new place to call home or it's likely it will start to lose characters through attrition.

We would like, at some point in the future, to have iterated on Company infrastructure features enough that there could be an independent existence possible for Companies - specifically for Mercenary and Bandit Companies, but we don't have that infrastructure yet.

From
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
PFU Hoffman
Decius
To clarify: PFU policy is not Goblinworks policy. You won't get any GW sanction, warning, or even notice if you break PFU policy, unless you also break a Goblinworks policy.

Killing the dean during a class might make you persona non grata to the University and their friends, but it won't get your account suspended.

You got it right. Although killing the Dean has been done (both by students and non) and he usually just laughs it off. smile
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post