Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Respawn at Special Holdings

tribuzio
And what happen to someone that is not part of a settlement? Permadeath? Respawning a TK?
Nihimon
One way to solve some of these problems is to have a way to tell the system what your intentions are. The system could then reward you for attempting to accomplish your declared goals, and make it more difficult to accomplish undeclared goals. I especially like this because it would make Divination meaningful.

I'm not sure how popular it would be to put some kind of penalty (such as slower gain of Capture Points) for players who hadn't declared their intentions with enough lead time.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Seraph
tribuzio
And what happen to someone that is not part of a settlement? Permadeath? Respawning a TK?

Yeah, probably just respawn at Thornkeep. People probably shouldn't be running all over the map getting in fights before they belong to a settlement anyway.

Duffy
As a general thing I don't like it, getting half way across the map on a trip to TK and spawning back home after any death is pretty awful.

I'm betting you could get permission to build a holding a few hexes from Thornkeep.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Edam
We need the promised soul binding soon, though (as discussed extensively way back before Alpha) some means of preventing soul binding becoming fast travel is needed.
Decius
What if the ability to thread to a given shrine was a strategic objective that could be captured and lost, with the controlling group determining who was able to respawn at a given shrine?
Edam
Decius
What if the ability to thread to a given shrine was a strategic objective that could be captured and lost, with the controlling group determining who was able to respawn at a given shrine?

If it were limited to PvP Windows and PvP hexes (and possibly immediately adjoining hexes) that might actually be workable.
Decius
Edam
Decius

If it were limited to PvP Windows and PvP hexes (and possibly immediately adjoining hexes) that might actually be workable.
Why limit it to during windows? I'm suggesting allowing the controller determine who can respawn there, which is different from not allowing anybody else.
tribuzio
Seraph
tribuzio

Yeah, probably just respawn at Thornkeep. People probably shouldn't be running all over the map getting in fights before they belong to a settlement anyway.

Bandits would find that very inconvenient.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Seraph
Duffy
As a general thing I don't like it, getting half way across the map on a trip to TK and spawning back home after any death is pretty awful.

I'm betting you could get permission to build a holding a few hexes from Thornkeep.

We gonna fit all 33 current settlements and the other what 20 something expansions in there? Actually holdings are a company level thing….so way more than that.
Decius
Duffy Swiftshadow
Seraph
Duffy

We gonna fit all 33 current settlements and the other what 20 something expansions in there? Actually holdings are a company level thing….so way more than that.
Or you could negotiate for permission to use an existing one.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post