Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Respawn at Special Holdings

Duffy Swiftshadow
That's a lot of complexity just to make walking and accidentally dying or getting ganked not a possibly arduous task.
Seraph
Okay, how about this idea then?

You respawn at the closest of the following:
- Your war camp holding (the thing I'm proposing)
- The nearest settlement that doesn't have any companies who are feuding or at war with any companies from your settlement, or are allies of such a settlement.

This would mean if you're visiting neutral or allied areas far from home and die, you respawn at the nearest settlement, probably just a few hexes from where you died. This is intuitive for new players and unaffiliated ones, and would cover most PvE deaths (although you could certainly set up war camps near your escalation hexes). In a PvP situation, you set up and defend war camps to save on time spent running back to the fight.

This has the added benefit of making allies more useful. A settlement surrounded by other allied settlements sets up a larger territory where it's more dangerous/inconvenient to die if you're at war with/feuding them.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Nihimon
Seraph
Okay, how about this idea then?

You respawn at the closest of the following:
- Your war camp holding (the thing I'm proposing)
- The nearest settlement that doesn't have any companies who are feuding or at war with any companies from your settlement, or are allies of such a settlement.

I like it. I feel like it would go a long way towards establishing territorial control without unduly hindering Exploration and Adventure.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
What about only changing the rules while you are under a feud or war? In such a case the shrines become useless to you and you rely on these warcamps or your home spawnpoint for the duration of the feud/war. This makes them significant ventures, you don't want to just have feuds or wars running for the hell of it cause it affects all your other people. During these you need to rely on some logistically setup camps that also act as a target for those you are attacking. Allowing them to drive back attackers, which counters some of the huge advantage attackers have.

But if you aren't instigating a feud or war then shrines work normally.
Nihimon
Duffy Swiftshadow
What about only changing the rules while you are under a feud or war?

Wouldn't complain, but don't feel it's necessary.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
Considering how annoying some of the bugged hexes are that send you down into the plains when your up in the forest was on some of our PvE outings, I find anything that could send you several hexes away quasi randomly really annoying.
Doc
I would be OK with it if it was a Humongous Sand Elemental that when it hit you, you were knocked back two hexes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post