Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

del

Zycor
del
Tigari
Everyone's dmg was lowered. Also, Longbows are still good, you just need to find the new combo.
Zycor
I have all the longbow abilities what combos are you talking about?
Zycor
You kidding me right? Have you seen the combos?

If target is Aware then they are revealed. If revealed they can get interrupted……….

Edam
If I understand correctly attacker has to have aware not the target, target does not need to be in stealth.

Complicated Example
You could for example train MoO Stop to 3 for a 45% chance on all attacks and then program your keyboard with single key macros that do something funky like:

Token of Striking -> Fluster/Midnight/ (or similar melee) -> Parting Shot ->Impact Critical Shot -> Patient Anchor -> Half Draw-> Half Draw

This will give you Striking to self -> unbalanced to target -> out of melee -> aware to self -> Revealed + Immobilized + Slowed to Target -> Interrupt

If you do not have a macro keyboard forget it, you will die trying to get the combos off. Does this complicated stuff work in practice or is it just theory crafting? No idea, I suspect not but cannot comment as not in game this week.

But there are ways to get revealed without being aware.
For something simpler that does not need macros:

Impaling Shot (20m range) -> Half Draw-> Half Draw

This will give you :

Revealed to Target -> Interrupt -> Interrupt -> Interrupt
Decius
Those of us who learned to play Angband wizards or priests without macroing m1a or m3b will have no trouble following the combos involved.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
And the luddites among you will continue to do our best without worrying about conditionals (unless by accident) or macros.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
And the luddites among you will continue to do our best without worrying about conditionals (unless by accident) or macros.

Actually I think my archer has taken up fulltime weaving and retired from combat smile
Dreamslinger
Caldeathe Baequiannia
What's so hard about "9,alt-1,4,5,6,1,1" especially when most of the attacks take 2.3 seconds? With all the conditionals around that are a percent chance of taking effect or might be applied by someone else, I'd actually think you are more likely to exploit conditions if you are triggering attacks manually. It's not like this is WoW or Rift where you've got 40 different abilities and the ones that require conditions just won't fire off if the condition isn't present.
Hobson Fiffledown
*pours some liquor on the ground for Multi-Shot*

12 second recharge and dps nerf for the only rogue aoe…
(Edit - here I bitch a little more about rattle, even though I removed it from the main topic because bows.)

Yes, I can set up those "if" conditionals for a 75% with a three button macro and sacrifice almost all damage (you know, cause rogues are traditionally team players). Also, I don't do macros in games. My longsword/longbow, barely-T2 fighter-farmer is just as affected, but since it was leagues ahead of Hobson's dagger/shortbow, the nerf didn't hurt as much. (Also, dagger has been reduced to low-skill button mashing. It feels like it does more dps v a single mob, but with the reduction of stamina cost there's little reasons not to just smash two or three buttons. Rattle was gutted… Rogues may have been made slightly less squishy fighters, but any need for skill has been dropped across the board.)

Was hard not fun?
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post