Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Welp...

Valshazir
day 1 of 15 day trial = gonna uninstall.

Was stating some personal observations about how this feels like an alpha (along some other people in chat) and was told to go back to wow…

So I guess I will. Have fun with a featureless "beta".
Memory-High Priest of Desna
o/
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Nihimon
@Valshazir, sorry to hear that. I have a guess as to who was acting that way in General, and I'll say it's not reflective of the larger community.

I think it's going to be really hard for Goblinworks to adequately set expectations for folks joining Early Enrollment without having read the forums for years while the game was being designed. Early Enrollment is not the same as Early Access - in many ways it's a lot closer to a traditional Alpha as far as how you should expect the game to perform or how many bugs and significant rebalances you should expect.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
There is no excuse for rude behavior. Generally the in game chat tends to be quite civil.

It is however fair to say that many of the features people from other games think are "still missing" are actually never intended to be there ever. It takes a while to grasp what PFO is about, even two weeks is not long enough to truly "get it" .
Doc
It was a bunch of randoms in General I've never heard of before. Typical stuff. Honestly, this guy probably wasn't going to play anyway, these kinds of posts are usually evident of that. Either way, General chat is rarely helpful or useful.
Dreaden
The new player experience is horrible and I honestly can't say "end game" is much better.
Valshazir
Wait… What do you mean "a bunch of randoms"? I mean, well you're just some guy on the internet so aren't you, yourself a "random"? No I am a 40 year old gamer who has been playing MMO's since 1999. Ive played a multitude of titles and ive seen em come and go. Ive been reading about this game on a few MMO sites for about a month and decided to log in and see what all the fuss (the good and bad) was about. Now I know. I wasn't logging in to "not play" and I don't really appreciate you making that assumption. I was wanting to give this title a try but its apparent to me that it isn't as far along as I would like, spending time and money on this - as of now, is not a wise decision or a valuable use of my time/money.

I never called anyone names, yet I was called a troll and an idiot for my opinions. Pretty much speaks volumes to me, thanks for re-affirming my feelings "Doc".
Stilachio Thrax
Valshazir
Wait… What do you mean "a bunch of randoms"? I mean, well you're just some guy on the internet so aren't you, yourself a "random"? No I am a 40 year old gamer who has been playing MMO's since 1999. Ive played a multitude of titles and ive seen em come and go. Ive been reading about this game on a few MMO sites for about a month and decided to log in and see what all the fuss (the good and bad) was about. Now I know. I wasn't logging in to "not play" and I don't really appreciate you making that assumption. I was wanting to give this title a try but its apparent to me that it isn't as far along as I would like, spending time and money on this - as of now, is not a wise decision or a valuable use of my time/money.

I never called anyone names, yet I was called a troll and an idiot for my opinions. Pretty much speaks volumes to me, thanks for re-affirming my feelings "Doc".

I don't think Doc was referring to you, but rather the people who were rude to you in General chat.

Regardless, I hope you'll give the game another shot further down the road when it has developed more.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Doc
By randoms I meant the people calling this guy a troll were randoms I wasn't familiar with, as opposed to some specific and well-known forum personality.

I still don't believe he was going to sub. People who post sob story posts like these are just looking for attention or schadenfreude in my opinion.
Decius
I would ask that you give PFO another try alter Open Enrollment. At that point I think most of your objections will have been resolved and core features will not be regularly added.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post