Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Welp...

Valshazir
This wasn't a sob story. It was a call to attention at a few issues that I observed with my first experience of this game, and how I was treated in chat. Hell it was day ONE and I got flamed for saying my observations and agreeing with a few other people about the state of this game.

Call it what you want, I thought you were calling me a random since you didn't specify who you were meaning, my mistake and I take what I said directed at you back. But backpeddling and calling my post a "sob story" and a call to attention and shadenfreude to invalidate my opinions and feedback is bad form. Don't be a dick. I'm not being one, so why are you trying to be?
Doc
I"m not backpedaling or trying to be a dick. If I come across as a dick it's not like I really care. I think I've earned the right to speak my mind around here. And I've helped enough new players in this game to recognize folks who are just trying to get attention in general and on the forums. Complaining about chat bullying as a 40 year old is rather unbecoming man. If you really wanted to check out the game, then try it again in 6 months. I'm sure most of the people who have hurt your feelings will be gone by then, heck perhaps even me. <peace out>
Wolf of Rathglen
I understand the game isn't cooked enough yet for people who just want to play and not go through the process of interacting with devs about the good and bad and watch it being built step by step. Sorry to hear about rude people too that's honestly not representative of most people we have around right now.

If you decide to try again closer to Open Enrollment (1st version of the "full game" though constant updates will follow) or later in this 15-day trial I'll be happy to show you around and help you settle in doing whatever it is you like to do in MMOs.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Hobson Fiffledown
I can't say I'm surprised at the interactions in General. Game criticism in General riles up the gtfo crowd (made up of veterans and new players alike). There are definitely enough rational or calm voices out there, but the gtfo crowd makes a heck of an impression (intent to play or not). We can all do a little work on the newer gtfo players, but I say this is a leadership issue. A couple dozen players wanted to run some circuses, they should try to be sure their monkeys aren't throwing crap at people in the ticket line.

This brings up the General Chat topic again. We say we need it until the population gets "large enough", but is it actually helping or hindering population growth? Settlement chat is coming soonTM, I'd love to see Help turn into New Players and General Help, and then we can all stab General Chat to death in a dark alley somewhere. smile
This space for rent.
Ryan Dancey
Valshazir
Was stating some personal observations about how this feels like an alpha (along some other people in chat)

Why?

Chat isn't a useful feedback system for Goblinworks. The feedback system for Goblinworks is to email customer.support@goblinworks.com, or you can post a message here on the forums.

The players - i.e. the people in General - don't have any control over the game or its current state. Why would you express your opinion there?

The people in General might represent a half a percent of the people logged into the game at any given time. Even if the whole channel was filled with comments you didn't like, why would you validate them?
Rynnik
Valshazir
day 1 of 15 day trial = gonna uninstall.

Was stating some personal observations about how this feels like an alpha (along some other people in chat) and was told to go back to wow…

So I guess I will. Have fun with a featureless "beta".
\0
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Dazyk of Phaeros
First thing I do when I log in is click OUT of general chat.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Dreaden
Ryan Dancey
Valshazir
Was stating some personal observations about how this feels like an alpha (along some other people in chat)

Why?

Chat isn't a useful feedback system for Goblinworks. The feedback system for Goblinworks is to email customer.support@goblinworks.com, or you can post a message here on the forums.

The players - i.e. the people in General - don't have any control over the game or its current state. Why would you express your opinion there?

The people in General might represent a half a percent of the people logged into the game at any given time. Even if the whole channel was filled with comments you didn't like, why would you validate them?
How dare he vent his frustrations to other players?!
Nihimon
Dreaden
How dare he vent his frustrations to other players?!

I think the bigger question Ryan was asking is why he would think that a few harsh comments in General are representative of a community.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Decius
Feedback in the General Chat happens because there is a low barrier to providing feedback there. It is not useful because there is a high barrier to receiving feedback there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post