Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Rynnik
Doc
But then I'm primarily addressing Goblin Works because it is up to them, not you.

Countering all the arguments of the people in this hread is just a distraction, but in reality all the points I make I'm hopeful are being read by Goblin Works staff.
Sort of like they are reading that this is a flavour change that some of the community definitely doesn't support.

I am very happy, like with everything, to ultimately leave the decision in their hands. I'll make my OWN decision about whether I continue to purchase their product as a result of theirs.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
MidknightDiamond
Sorry Els, I like you but this thread reeks of nothing but whining. Baron is right - there's too many more updates to consider and there's no way to say that while you may hate something right now, you won't by say EE13. Seriously, no way whatsoever. Do what the rest of us have to do and suck it up.

GW mentioned one time that they had no way to track who had accumulated how much xp - perhaps this has changed, but if it hasn't then they'd have to take peoples' words on how much xp they should have. Yeah, that's a good idea. Not.

Charging money for it so people can min/max? Hell no. Definitely pay to win and you'd lose more people than it'd be worth it. We're Early Enrollment. This is exactly the thing we signed on to, bumps in the road and all. By the time Open Enrollment hits, we'll all likely be maxed out in at least one role and be working on a second out of "boredom" or nothing else to do.

Not to mention that there are going to be new classes coming in and they will have things we'll like better eventually. But until then all of us would be rangers, druids, paladins, bards, etc. make due until that point because very simply there is NO XP CAP. We'll keep earning it, and eventually we'll get to where we want to be.

A wipe is just for the impatient min/maxer. No and hell no.

Rail about the changes to the combat instead - get THAT balanced, but not doing this all over again. Because seriously, a full wipe means wiping achieves too and like Hell I want to go build those back up.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Decius
Doc
As long as it is recognized that the primary argument against a respect option is schadenfreude.
The primary argument against a respec is precomittment. Offering one would remove a great deal of credibility that is already strained by other promises.
Doc
The primary argument against a respec is precomittment. Offering one would remove a great deal of credibility that is already strained by other promises.

I suppose you think divorce is an abomination? My condolences to those who have dealt with divorce, but sometimes promises get broken because it allows for a better way forward. In truth some promises should never be made in the first place when they are untenable or inappropriate.
MidknightDiamond
Doc

I suppose you think divorce is an abomination? My condolences to those who have dealt with divorce, but sometimes promises get broken because it allows for a better way forward. In truth some promises should never be made in the first place when they are untenable or inappropriate.

Comparing something as ungodly emotionallly charged as divorce to a developer keeping/breaking a promise is really in poor choice.

They have the ability to keep this promise and I think they will. It's not an untenable or inappropriate promise and certainly "not one that shouldn't have been made in the first place" given it was the promise that made paying for Early Enrollment attractive in the first place.

We all have wasted xp, none of us will have "perfect" characters… but we get to live and learn and have the experience, and more xp than anyone at open enrollment.

We will have 'experience' that even the people that signed on in Jan. and have just been banking xp because we'll know what works, what doesn't. We'll have the first settlements, first holdings, the first crafters and refiners, the first T3 shinies for people to aspire to.

Ride it out, continue to work for combat rebalance.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Doc
We will have 'experience' that even the people that signed on in Jan. and have just been banking xp because we'll know what works, what doesn't.

That fact that you think that is OK is mind-boggling. Buy a product you can't use.

And don't throw that "poor choice" stuff at me, we're supposedly all adults here.
Rynnik
Doc
That fact that you think that is OK is mind-boggling. Buy a product you can't use.

And don't throw that "poor choice" stuff at me, we're supposedly all adults here.
Awesome two lines there. Very mature to insinuate the equivalent of GW locking you out of a game you pay a subscription for.
Doc
Not insinuating GW locking you out of it, rather it is absurd that it should be considered appropriate to buy a service and not use it because if you make a mistake with it or its terms of service changes, you won't ever be able to reset it and are stuck with the existing conditions indefinitely or until future arbitrary changes are made, which also may not be in your favor.
Rynnik
Doc
Not insinuating GW locking you out of it, rather it is absurd that it should be considered appropriate to buy a service and not use it because if you make a mistake with it or its terms of service changes, you won't ever be able to reset it and are stuck with the existing conditions indefinitely or until future arbitrary changes are made, which also may not be in your favor.
Absurd that you would agree to that product understanding that and then pitch a tantrum when it actually affects you in a way that makes you not want to agree any more.

It is a part of the game.

It is part of what allows the game to carve a niche out of a market against competitors who allow respecs but perhaps lock you into a character class. Or the UO system where you only have so many points but can change how those points are distributed. It is about time someone copied the EVE model of infinite exp over time and no lock outs at all but no respecs or refunds either. Different strokes.

I am really glad this game is trying this path as I highly doubt EVE was a fluke and the lack of companies trying some of the same stuff greatly saddens me.
Doc
Who is pitching a tantrum? I'm making an argument.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post