Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Rynnik
Doc
Who is pitching a tantrum? I'm making an argument.
Oh?

Doc
I suppose you think divorce is an abomination? My condolences to those who have dealt with divorce, but sometimes promises get broken because it allows for a better way forward. In truth some promises should never be made in the first place when they are untenable or inappropriate.

Doc
That fact that you think that is OK is mind-boggling. Buy a product you can't use.

And don't throw that "poor choice" stuff at me, we're supposedly all adults here.
I'm sorry, what you wrote was I want to have my cake and eat it too.

What did you mean to say?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
I'm sorry, what you wrote was I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I didn't write that, that's just your interpretation.

What I meant to say, and what I actually did write, was that sometimes changes are made despite an initial promise to the contrary. Sometimes, amazingly, not discounting for heartache or bad times which sucks, things are better for it, or increase overall or eventually happiness in the end. It's kind of a utilitarian outlook on things.
Dreaden
It you bought a dog and when you got home it was a cat, would you not seek a refund? Before all the EE screaming… I am a paying customer for a launched product, I am not a tester. I expect compensation.
Rynnik
Doc
What I meant to say, and what I actually did write, was that sometimes changes are made despite an initial promise to the contrary. Sometimes, amazingly, not discounting for heartache or bad times which sucks, things are better for it, or increase overall or eventually happiness in the end. It's kind of a utilitarian outlook on things.
Utilitarian gaming!

I'd join that cult.

I'll restate:
Rynnik
It is part of what allows the game to carve a niche out of a market against competitors who allow respecs but perhaps lock you into a character class. Or the UO system where you only have so many points but can change how those points are distributed. It is about time someone copied the EVE model of infinite exp over time and no lock outs at all but no respecs or refunds either. Different strokes.

I am really glad this game is trying this path as I highly doubt EVE was a fluke and the lack of companies trying some of the same stuff greatly saddens me.

Dreaden
It you bought a dog and when you got home it was a cat, would you not seek a refund? Before all the EE screaming… I am a paying customer for a launched product, I am not a tester. I expect compensation.
I expect all kinds of things.

I rarely expect someone to actually give a shit though if I go to a McDonald's and they refuse to sell me a dog.
Doc
And I rarely expect people to object to me getting satisfaction for a service I purchased when they might have the option for the same level of treatment (even if they refuse it), and my own personal enjoyment of the service I purchased does not impact them in any material fashion.
MidknightDiamond
Rynnik
Doc
That fact that you think that is OK is mind-boggling. Buy a product you can't use.

And don't throw that "poor choice" stuff at me, we're supposedly all adults here.
Awesome two lines there. Very mature to insinuate the equivalent of GW locking you out of a game you pay a subscription for.
You can use it just fine, you just can't use it the way you want to which may or may not be a balance issue. Mind you, people are still making this argument against the neg. rep. and training. They can't use/play the game because they can't just random murder everyone and train, and go into any city, etc. etc. That's intentional.

If you want things fixed to be 'usable' for you, then you help GW come up with combat balance or accept that changes are going to be inevitable. Changes (both good and bad depending on the perspective) are inevitable.

Have fun stewing in your "let's wipe because it's useless", I'm going to go be productive and learn how to use my characters again and make adjustments for the changes. New rotations, new rhythms, not buying any new attacks because then another combat change will come along and then people will whine "I want my xp back because I never would've bought this if I knew that was coming out". Endless cycle, tired argument. Done with it.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Rynnik
Doc
and my own personal enjoyment of the service I purchased does not impact them in any material fashion.
See? That right there is where you are wrong.

I know your dollar is worth more but once again you claim that your preference is the only preference and someone couldn't possibly enjoy playing in a game with the currently implemented character design freedoms and restrictions.
Doc
Have fun stewing in your "let's wipe because it's useless", I'm going to go be productive and learn how to use my characters again and make adjustments for the changes.

I have already done that, I have many accounts and characters, and one of which is actually incredibly overpowered right now.

It might surprise you, but sometimes lawyers or debaters will make arguments for a case that has zero material impact on themselves. Sometimes, for money, but then also sometimes because the thing they argue for is what they believe to be the right way things should be.
Doc
See? That right there is where you are wrong.

I know your dollar is worth more but once again you claim that your preference is the only preference and someone couldn't possibly enjoy playing in a game with the currently implemented character design freedoms and restrictions.

Only preference, sure, definitely not. Preference that catering to might ultimately make the most economic sense for a struggling game company? I think a compelling argument can be made for that. I've certainly tried, not that I think I would convince anybody here, never, but I'd be surprised if Goblin Works wasn't internally reconsidering anything and everything at this point.
Rynnik
Doc
Preference that catering to might ultimately make the most economic sense for a struggling game company? I think a compelling argument can be made for that.
EVE Online

Your contention that it is tied to selling and growing the game holds no water.

Any more random appeals to throw at the discussion?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post