Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Doc
EVE Online

Cool, yes I've played it. pew pew
Dreaden
PFO is not EvE online.
Doc
Your contention that it is tied to selling and growing the game holds no water.

That's an assertion. The next step is to follow it up with a proof that would explain why that is true.
Rynnik
Doc
Your contention that it is tied to selling and growing the game holds no water.

That's an assertion. The next step is to follow it up with a proof that would explain why that is true.
I provided an example of a similar model experiencing some of the best market share success.

Here is your presented argument:

"I want this. Ergo others will want it. Ergo doing it will help PFO."

Pretty sure Dancey is a better used car salesman that you are and convincing GW with that particular line will probably be awesomely successful…

I kid, I kid.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
Here is your presented argument:

"I want this. Ergo others will want it. Ergo doing it will help PFO."

Pretty sure Dancey is a better used car salesman that you are and convincing GW with that particular line will probably be awesomely successful. I kid, I kid.

This would be so much more interesting here if you'd spend more time arguing against the validity of that syllogism rather than just insulting me or making vague ad-hominems.
Rynnik
Doc
This would be so much more interesting here if you'd spend more time arguing against the validity of that syllogism rather than just insulting me or making vague ad-hominems.
Still interested to know why you think generic doom and gloom holds some sort of credible appeal in the face of one of the all time industry success stories demonstrating the economic viability of the discussed point.

That is much more interesting then the kindergarten lesson on why people are different.
Doc
Still interested to know why you think generic doom and gloom holds some sort of credible appeal in the face of one of the all time industry success stories demonstrating the economic viability of the discussed point.

That is much more interesting then the kindergarten lesson on why people are different.

Potential wider appeal and customer satisfaction rather than doom and gloom, methinks.

It's certainly less difficult to be an industry success story when you have little to no competition in your niche of the market.
Rynnik
Doc
Potential wider appeal and customer satisfaction rather than doom and gloom, methinks.
Based on a sampling of 1. Well I will give you Els I guess so call it 2.

Solid data.

Doc
It's certainly less difficult to be an industry success story when you have little to no competition in your niche of the market.
Sounds like a good argument for keeping the infinite exp / no respec design in a fantasy setting, you are right, I agree as well. Good call. PFO niche found!
Doc
Sounds like a good argument for keeping the infinite exp / no respec design in a fantasy setting, you are right, I agree as well. Good call. PFO niche found!

Cool. Now if only the pure fact of carving out a niche in a market was inherently profitable and sustainable, we'd be set.

Like I said, that's easy to achieve when you have no competition. When you have several games coming out contemporaneously, offering a similar even if not exactly the same type of experience, it gets more difficult.

Double'ing down on the party line might pan out, but then it might not. I don't have my head in the sand, I've evaluated PFO's original projections (hopes?) and what the current state seems to be and they seem way below par. They seem to have made changes to adjust to that fact, some were long held to be core design ideas like settlement support mechanics. I see no reason to believe that any other core ideas are sacred cows that can't be sacrificed in order to stay viable.
Doc
Jeopardy is on. You can have the last word. <peace out>

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post