Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Memory-High Priest of Desna
Brings, i did say A) was still true.

i don't really think the gap between new players and vets is relevant either, just trying to interpret what Thod was talking about.

for me it's just about choices, and letting go of that anal desire to be "max" or "uber"

All the neighborhood kids love to ride the seesaw. they go up, they go down, they all have a good time, but it's no fun if some kid tries to sit in the middle and refuses to go up just because he has to go down again. That kid on the other side–he's playing the same game you are. Just stay on your end, push off when you're supposed to, and rejoice in the fact that the other kid is having as much fun as you. Nobody wants to stack dimes in the middle and get upset every time they fall over. it can't be helped.

My advice to people who want respecs and XP wipes: Just ride the seesaw and don't pee in the sandbox. Everything's going to be alright.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
vyal
I'm not sure the target demographic is as carefree as that, Memory. smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Memory
Caldeathe,

i typically use the test server character i have for that.
Unless I have a specific test in mind, there is nothing that would induce me to spend time on the test server. This game already takes up far more of my time than my wife likes, and to spend as much time while accomplishing less in game would be a fool's errand. My test character has been accumulating XP since February, and I couldn't even bring myself to log in to look at it in months.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Doc
for me it's just about choices, and letting go of that anal desire to be "max" or "uber"

That's a straw man.

I don't want to be uber, I want to enjoy playing my character.

If I bought a Coke with my meal, and mid way through dinner the waiter swapped it out with a Ginger Ale, I'd be pretty annoyed, because I really liked having Coke with my pizza.

It's not a "meaningful choice" if somebody can arbitrarily change what you "chose" somewhere down the line, and not let you in turn arbitrarily revoke your original choice.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Doc

That's a straw man.

I don't want to be uber, I want to enjoy playing my character.

If I bought a Coke with my meal, and mid way through dinner the waiter swapped it out with a Ginger Ale, I'd be pretty annoyed, because I really liked having Coke with my pizza.

It's not a "meaningful choice" if somebody can arbitrarily change what you "chose" somewhere down the line, and not let you in turn arbitrarily revoke your original choice.
right, i was characteristically over-generalized on that one. i just meant to say that you shouldn't base your enjoyment on what's good/powerful. you don't enjoy the coke because it's the most efficient drink. you enjoy it because you enjoy the flavor. has the flavor of your skills really changed? or just the power?
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Tabomo
Els, I just look at them as Int increasers, just like the worthless T1 spells I learned. Gotta spend on some "useless" stuff anyhow to hit that 20 Int for T3
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'd even be okay with the ginger ale. It's the "pop is no longer carbonated in our restaurant because the lemonade drinker were complaining" that bugs me.

[fatalistic shrug] Therein is yet another downside to "Early Enrollment" in which mechanics are not established. We'll put up with it until we don't.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Memory
Brings, i did say A) was still true.

i don't really think the gap between new players and vets is relevant either, just trying to interpret what Thod was talking about.

All the neighborhood kids love to ride the seesaw. they go up, they go down, they all have a good time, but it's no fun if some kid tries to sit in the middle and refuses to go up just because he has to go down again. That kid on the other side–he's playing the same game you are. Just stay on your end, push off when you're supposed to, and rejoice in the fact that the other kid is having as much fun as you. Nobody wants to stack dimes in the middle and get upset every time they fall over. it can't be helped.

My advice to people who want respecs and XP wipes: Just ride the seesaw and don't pee in the sandbox. Everything's going to be alright.

Memory, your approach to this is probably quite healthy for the spirit. It isn't how most people play war games or look at competitive games, but your approach isn't wrong. It just isn't…. that type of market or world.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
vyal
Memory
… has the flavor of your skills really changed? or just the power?
To me? Both. Some are almost unrecognizable, compared to how they were previously, as far as role/use goes.
Hobson Fiffledown
No XP wipe is one of the few "hard is fun" goalposts that hasn't been touched.

What happens over the next 4 major system changes between now and OE? When those "wasted" skills, or half of them, become useful, fotd, or OP again? Heck, when Architect or some other Int raising skills come online, I'd like for my fighter to get back all the "wasted" XP spent on wizzie stuff to raise Geography.

This is one of our alpha/ee trade offs. That XP accrual time also (hopefully) provided coin, items, achievements, and social benefits, which you get to keep. Would I purchase a respec? Probably. Would I be horribly disappointed in GW? Definitely. At that point, we might as well just turnoff friendly fire. smile
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post