Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Elsworth Sugarfoot
Look, there is just a big difference in how these changes hit certain builds. Some people lost little to no effectiveness, others lost their whole build and it will take them a month of xp to make a new one (which is a hard punishment on its own). I'm willing to bet that most of the people against this are stil using a majority of the same attacks and reactives as before the change.
Dreaden
How can we make meaninful choices about what to train if what we choose is altered? That choice is no longer meaningful. Should we just guess what to train going into the future?
Doc
I'd even be okay with the ginger ale. It's the "pop is no longer carbonated in our restaurant because the lemonade drinker were complaining" that bugs me.

yeah

The suggested course seems to be that we should duke it out in the forums to get what we want fixed or changed. I'd rather just save my fingers and just respec my way out of bought skills that are still broke a 1/2 year later.

Saying one should wait around till something works better is easy to say when one didn't make a rogue.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
vyal
Memory
… has the flavor of your skills really changed? or just the power?
To me? Both. Some are almost unrecognizable, compared to how they were previously, as far as role/use goes.

that's interesting. i didn't ask that rhetorically, i honestly wanted to know. i play what i play and i can't speak for others. i just look at it from the outside and say "huh. bows still shoot, it looks like."

though i'm perennially against respecs and XP wipes, i'll only say this about them: if you must do it make it not exclusively cost real money, and scale the cost (in GP or whatever) based on your total xp earned.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Elmin Sterro
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Just in cantrips I will no longer use:
Shadow blast (rank4)
Winters Caress (rank4)
Searing armor (rank4)
Explosive rune (rank4)
Wilting Surge (rank4)
Arctic Winds (rank5)

It's just a painful amount of xp to say goodbye to, not including some of the other things I use that got nerfed.

Shadow blast and wilting surge did get hit pretty hard. The rest are still worthwhile, they just need a bit of support. If that was your bar before, that list definitely won't work super well any more. I'm pretty sure you can work some of that into a decent Charged staff rotation.
Hobson Fiffledown
Personally, I feel my combat characters were pretty much wrecked by this update (longbow/longsword fighter and dagger/shortbow rogue). The XP "lost" in R4 feats removed from my bar is very disappointing. However, that doesn't sway my feelings regarding XP resets.
This space for rent.
Bringslite
One thing seems clear. Some would like a respect and some don't think it is needed or that it would be bad.

I think that a respect would be nice at OE. I would like a respect, but before OE it would be a waste of time.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Doc
If Goblin Works thought they could generate some revenue from respects, I bet you they would allow them. Heck, make a respect "token" that can be traded in game, like the other premium items. Then it isn't limited to just RL cash to do it, folks could sell them for gold on auction houses.
Tabomo
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Look, there is just a big difference in how these changes hit certain builds. Some people lost little to no effectiveness, others lost their whole build and it will take them a month of xp to make a new one (which is a hard punishment on its own). I'm willing to bet that most of the people against this are stil using a majority of the same attacks and reactives as before the change.

By my count I can't fight for another 8 or 9 days. Which sucks, because starting tomorrow I'll actually go back to having more available time. smile
Dazyk of Phaeros
The only people who will have a real concern with the balance changes will be the people who specifically picked all the most OP feats for their build. Most other people have 'wasted' thousands of XP on feats that they wanted to test out or thought might work in their build.

I remember people telling me to stop whining when I complained that I couldn't compete in PVP because I refused to train EF and all the other FOTD feats. Now those FOTD builds are no longer viable. Welcome to PFO.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post