Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Rynnik
-1 to respec

If GW breaks their word on something that they have been so specifically crystal clear on I am most likely gone.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Thod-Theodum
Dreaden
How can we make meaninful choices about what to train if what we choose is altered? That choice is no longer meaningful. Should we just guess what to train going into the future?

This doesn't only apply to XP.

I'm a settlement leader and a company leader. How does it apply to my right/wrong decisions of building a +0/+3 outpost holding kit.

I did start building +3 only - to figure out it was a waste - especially as I had to scrap a few outposts/buildings. I then became smart and build +1 instead (there is hardly a cost difference between +0 and +1) only to find out that the latest change makes all my +1 obsolete and I should have build +3 instead all the time.

Gathering resources to replace +1 with +3 is possible - it is only grinding - but it applys the same way as a rebuild. Can I exchange my +1 outposts/holdings for raw material and rebuild as +3? This is exactly the same problem with a moving goal post game.

And yes - it is driving away players and GW might not have realized how dismotivating it can be. But I still think that not allowing rebuilding is the only way forward. As I say - if fighters demand XP rebuild then I would like a scratch and rebuild outpost/holding option.

Fair is fair

Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Dreaden
Rynnik got them principles yo. They screwed up his weapons and he don't even care.
Tyncale
/strokes his 4 Guard Sergeants at his +4 outpost.

Mm, maybe that should have been /pats on the back.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Stilachio Thrax
I'm not against a respec per se, but I think it creates some issues:

1) Are we going to go down this path every time something is changed? Because once you do it once, every time a build gets nerfed or otherwise changed, there will be people clamoring for one.

2) What about expendables? Do you lose those since they cost XP to learn? If lost, do you get the Maneuver/Spell drops in your inventory for you to relearn them, or are you SOL and have to hunt them down again? If replaced, are they bind on acquire or can you trade/sell unwanted ones?

Would I like one? Maybe. But I do think its more trouble than GW can handle right now.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Baron Malthius
Another thing to consider:

What happens when, as is going to continue to happen in EE until OE kicks in, they make additional balance tweaks and changes? Are we going to keep asking for more respecs with each new update? The damage factor can be easily tweaked if we showed how the nerfs on AoE attacks were a bit too harsh for example.

So let's say GW decided to keep allowing respecs every time we had a significant balance update. If they do it in a way where it costs money then it becomes P2W. Seriously it would be amazing if I can just dump money to have a respec after every patch if I just happen to not be satisfied with my build anymore. Then of course there would be a huge advantage for players who are willing to dump money so they can keep having the most optimized tweaked builds for a game that is still going through a number of rebalances.

We are just two days into the new patch now and we still need more time to adjust and see how different combos play out now. Like any change to any meta, things that may seem OP now may turn out to be easily countered once we've had some time to dig into the new mechanics. Things that may have seemed previous underpowered may turn out to be more useful than we thought or great in some situations.

We survived other major balance changes, we will survive and adapt to this one.
Dreaden
Thod-Theodum
Dreaden
How can we make meaninful choices about what to train if what we choose is altered? That choice is no longer meaningful. Should we just guess what to train going into the future?

This doesn't only apply to XP.

I'm a settlement leader and a company leader. How does it apply to my right/wrong decisions of building a +0/+3 outpost holding kit.

I did start building +3 only - to figure out it was a waste - especially as I had to scrap a few outposts/buildings. I then became smart and build +1 instead (there is hardly a cost difference between +0 and +1) only to find out that the latest change makes all my +1 obsolete and I should have build +3 instead all the time.

Gathering resources to replace +1 with +3 is possible - it is only grinding - but it applys the same way as a rebuild. Can I exchange my +1 outposts/holdings for raw material and rebuild as +3? This is exactly the same problem with a moving goal post game.

And yes - it is driving away players and GW might not have realized how dismotivating it can be. But I still think that not allowing rebuilding is the only way forward. As I say - if fighters demand XP rebuild then I would like a scratch and rebuild outpost/holding option.

Fair is fair
Uh, you can get infinite materials and Exp is finite. If people could just go grind out the exp to train new skills there would be no problems.
Tyncale
Stilachio Thrax
I'm not against a respec per se, but I think it creates some issues:

1) Are we going to go down this path every time something is changed? Because once you do it once, every time a build gets nerfed or otherwise changed, there will be people clamoring for one.

2) What about expendables? Do you lose those since they cost XP to learn? If lost, do you get the Maneuver/Spell drops in your inventory for you to relearn them, or are you SOL and have to hunt them down again? If replaced, are they bind on acquire or can you trade/sell unwanted ones?

Would I like one? Maybe. But I do think its more trouble than GW can handle right now.

Yeah, this is about what I was thinking. It would not be unreasonable to give the EE folks one or two respecs down the road, but then you have to draw the line somewhere, and stop doing that.
And as Stilachio said, there's probably a pretty large tech-hurdle too to do it.

I am not happy about the changes myself, I hope we can find some more balance in the future though. My biggest gripe is that the Endurance bar seems a pretty obsolete feature now: I liked having to factor it into my rotations. Much more then the cooldowns we have now.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Dreaden
Rynnik got them principles yo. They screwed up his weapons and he don't even care.
Such is the Xen of Early Enrollment in PFO.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Rynnik
Memory
Dreaden
Such is the Xen of PFO.
Uh.

Am I the reindeer or the rider in that scenario?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post